neuro-y stabby sub basslines

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
been trying to replicate this style of bassline for ages...but can never get it to work. the synth isn't the difficult part, as it's pretty much just sub, minus a few exceptions. it's getting the groove

i.e.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh just listen to how the sub interacts with the kick, that's what creates the groove

yeh just listen to how the sub interacts with the kick, that's what creates the groove

ok...i just did a sneaky youtube download, whacked it into FL and low-passed it. Can't really work out if the notes hit with the kick, or if its a sustained note sidechained to the kick

yeh the bass hits on every bar, so does the kick, but there's a lot of ghost kicks in there too, which is what is fucking you up.

if i try to sidechain my signal to a ghost (a muted drumhit) it's not activating the sidechain because the sample is muted. any idea how i can overcome that? using fl studio

You might sidechain differently to me wingz, but you can do it with Fruity Peak Controller.

Send the kick to an insert (don't mute it) and add Peak Controller. By default it mutes the sound (bottom right) but still gets the 'signal'. If you link things to it they still get affected even if mute is turned on.

Back
Top Bottom