Neuro Techy Audio Stabs =]

CH3SH

CH3SH - Naphalm Audio
Hey everyone,
Okies so the last 2 days iv been trying to work on some neuro type stabs
Mainly of the mid to high range freq bands
I can easily pull off layered moving neuro basses
But not stabs
Personally i could just take percussion samples and distort and saturate or peak
But personally this is an easy way out!
Im using Sylenth and Zeta+
Any ideas would be gracious,
And im sure iv some valuble info or things to pass back =]
Cheers in advance!!

if youre able to pull out those basses, there should be no problem in enveloping them the right way?! no attack, little sustain, no release and you should be there? layer on of those percussion hit underneath to get that highfreq area filled maybe..

or try synthesizing a kick, layer noise overhead, distort, maybe bitcrush, and then apply loads of reverb to all of the freq band, export, mono it again, cut things you dont want. voila.

im in no means an expert at this aswell, concentrating on the softer side of the spectrum atm, but hope this helps.

if youre able to pull out those basses, there should be no problem in enveloping them the right way?! no attack, little sustain, no release and you should be there? layer on of those percussion hit underneath to get that highfreq area filled maybe..

or try synthesizing a kick, layer noise overhead, distort, maybe bitcrush, and then apply loads of reverb to all of the freq band, export, mono it again, cut things you dont want. voila.

im in no means an expert at this aswell, concentrating on the softer side of the spectrum atm, but hope this helps.

same ere but try doing wat he ^^ said but have very little or no sustain and play with the decay on both filters and the volume envelopes then hit chords high up the scale, layerd with a bit of sub? if u want, percussion trick is a good one, but it only works well (as in hits all frequencies) if u detune different samples an layer them on top of each other, all about experimentation....as u must well know by now ;)

Cheers guys,
Like you said its nothing but tampering with the obvious,
Liking the idea of layering the relative ranged percs
Have also been suggested to use a 2 beat vocal sample with serious distortion,
I guess its all knowing when to STOP fiddling and layering too much lol =]

Also adding a phaser on a low cyle with a little release can add some interesting and constantly different results if mixed in accordingly =]

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

Okies a brainwave for ya,
In relation to using highly distorted vocals
Such as screams and other 2 beat samples
How about using dinosaur sounds
Example velociraptor (dunno if i spelt that right lol)
Bet itd sound banging lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom