Neuro Funk work in progress

DjCartel

VIP Junglist
So ive been listening to quite a bit of neuro recently and its inspired me to give it a go! Any feedback on this so far would be greatly appreciated. going to try to add more to the intro, and maybe make in an extra 8 bars longer. mainly looking for feedback on the drop, is it too hectic is my concern? safe

Last edited:
I would add some backing atmospehrics over the drop as it still sounds kinda empty (unless that's what you were ging for), but good work especially on the bass

Nice one gents, i will keep going with this one. I might add some atmospherics to the drop as well, theres still a lot of work to be done!

sick stuff right thur! Any hints on how you made the bass, resampled reese or something?

Theres about 8 channels of bass on this one so far. Theres a couple of one shot samples that have been split, fucked around with and then resampled back into one audio file. then theres a reece that i got from a bhk pack which has also been split, then had camelphat and a lot of filtering put on to it. Camelphats filter is also a god send, only just realised its potential! i find that if you chop up a bass loop, rearrange bits, reverse bits etc, you get a pretty good result.

also, a little bit of saturation on the top end of the bass works well too! got that from the amoss tut

cheers for all the feedback guys, ive added and extra bit to the end. my worry is maybe it doesnt flow, what do you think? if you like it sick!

It sounds really good, and although I agree with most of what has already been said, I think you can improve on it quite a lot. Try and get the kick to snap more rather than punch, it helps drive a neurofunk style track if the kick has a real snap to it. Also, the bass is cool, but I think you made the same mistake I made a while back when it comes to this style of bass, you get too carried away with resampling and chopping sections of it about! For me, less is more with this sound, try and create more movement before rendering and chopping.

I'm no expert when it comes to this sort of thing, I'd suggest getting in touch with Rajstah or Balthazaar from this forum, they're dons at this kinda sound (check out jimpa too, he's around more often than the other 2)

thanks for the honest feedback mr fletch. I was actually pretty happy with the kick, but maybe ill try layering something with a bit more high end over it and see what happens. Ill have to re-go over some of the bass and try and add some movement to it, although with such little snippets of noise, that could be hard!

Whats everyone else's thoughts? cheers for feedback so far!

The drop is spot on mate. Don't worry about it. Overall I really really like the track but I would add some atmospherics to the track. Just enough to show the dimensions(space) of the track but overall this is a good job :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a minute I only heard the original here.

- - - Updated - - -

Just heard version 2. I really like the transition. If I were you I'll keep it (it's your choice at the end of the day :P)

Back
Top Bottom