Neuro Experiment

Slapped

Something I came up with last Sunday. I really don't know if this fully fits into the Neuro genre, but that's by the by as it's not really a finished product - like most of my tracks

However, if some of you kind souls could give me some honest and ruthless feedback, especially on the mix and how you would correct it, this then it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

Something I came up with last Sunday. I really don't know if this fully fits into the Neuro genre, but that's by the by as it's not really a finished product - like most of my tracks

However, if some of you kind souls could give me some honest and ruthless feedback, especially on the mix and how you would correct it, this then it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks for listening.
You got it.
The three things that need improvement are the drums, the bass, and structure. Get some good old fashion breaks. before you do anything with them. Take some time to learn to slice and rearrange the patters. Once you do this pick a main pattern, and ever 16 bars use a second . Every 30 bars use a third pattern to lead into the 31 bar 2nd pattern, that brings you back into the 32 bar pattern that is the same as the start. Layer the kick and snare and add fillers and cub old to taste.
The sub bass is important and should be a main feature. To find a good bass pattern try something I have been doing lately. Take a non-drum and bass track and set it to your tempo. Find the bass notes and draw them in your midi. Once you have that then add in all your cool mid range bass sounds.
Finally, don't be afraid to pick a drum and bass song and copy it bar for bar in structure. This will help you gain proper structure. I hope this helps.

Thanks. That was exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. I'm less than a year into this and so far have just been doing whatever the hell I wanted without really considering any aspects of structure, layering or sample slicing. Basically I've been brainfarting into Logic without any real direction.

I shall take on board what you've said, and the next track that I do I'll use an reference track to get the structure right, and also start working on layering and sample slicing skills.

Back
Top Bottom