[Neuro-Downtempo / Sound Design experiment] Sobec - Daikaiju

MisterApe

8bit junkie
VIP Junglist
So! first of all, hi : ).

I've been experimenting a lot lately with weird bpm's and such, this is the result:

Lots of influences like Amon Tobin, Aphex Twin & Billain and such.

I was originally planning to send this out as a demo, but going to stop myself from doing that for another year so I have some time to progress and definitely set a focus on drum & bass again.
It's a complicated composition, loads of foley sounds, FX and such, total is exactly at 160 channels in the mixer : ).
The aim of it was pushing myself out of my comfort zone and write some actual music for a change, of which I'm hoping has enough variety to keep the listener entertained.

Hope you enjoy it! I'd love to hear some critique, the bass is one of the things I'm not fully happy with yet, but after 106 hours of tinkering, need to let it go and move on, hence why I'm not sending it out!

EDIT:

Scrap what I just said.
Going to focus more on 50-120bpm stuff, loads of experimenting, going to learn how to play guitar for it as well! : ).

Last edited:
I Love those drums, how do u get that snare sound? Really good atmos too. Did u say u were thinking of incorporating guitar into ur stuff?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I Love those drums, how do u get that snare sound? Really good atmos too. Did u say u were thinking of incorporating guitar into ur stuff?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Transient shaping + layering with an impact.

And yeah, going to learn how to play guitar this year to incorporate that, buying a new condenser mic in a week or 3 for it : ).

proper different this one! big up man, your sound design is getting better and better each track! My only gripe is that you didnt change the snare, silly i know, but as the rest of the track is so crazy, you could have changed the snare 4 times lol!

Look forward to more boss!

: D

I make it a goal to try and get better/learn some new tricks with every track, experimenting is always a good thing in my opinion.
Might do a VIP of in the future and change the snares a bunch!

Last edited:
Yeah man, this is awesome! Both the basslines and the blended background ambiance!

What do you mean by "with an impact"

Like an impact FX sample, in this case it's a strange snare sampled from a weird break I found in my hip-hop samples.
That's layered with a regular snare sample.

Man you so fucking into it. the shit your putting out is so well done its messing with my mind how far youve come since ive been here. The tracks production is so good. everything is mixed really well and the sounds are amazingly crafted. for me, the last piece of the puzzle is just some musical content. a few chord progressions and a few melodies, and you're set

Man you so fucking into it. the shit your putting out is so well done its messing with my mind how far youve come since ive been here. The tracks production is so good. everything is mixed really well and the sounds are amazingly crafted. for me, the last piece of the puzzle is just some musical content. a few chord progressions and a few melodies, and you're set

First off, thanks!
And I completely agree about the actual melodic part, it's one of those things I have troubles with.
Just means more to learn! :)

Back
Top Bottom