Neuro DNB Blandness

I come from producing Complextro, so I don't know if this is a remnant of that or not:
All of the Neuro Dnb I've been producing sounds very very generic and samey, with a extreme lack of variation.
However, I switch between 10-20 different neuro-ish basses within each 4 bars, with my 32 bar long drop going through about 60 different basses.
Does anyone else have this problem or a way to solve it?

spyre

sample all the things
VIP Junglist
Well, the best neuro tunes aren't packed with a million basslines, but rather they have a cool groove or musical idea to them

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
10 - 20 basses in 4 bars?!?!?!?! Holy shit man, you don't need that many for Neuro! Just 1 or 2 within 4 bars is enough! Its the movement and how you manipulate those sounds that's important!I'd like to hear some of your stuff as I'm interested to hear what 10-20 bass sounds in 4 bars sounds like!

INT Co is the complextro of neuro you should check them out. Theres definately artists that use multiple basses out there, but you should probably start out with 1-2 like previously stated. Most important is getting the basses moving around each other.

10 - 20 basses in 4 bars?!?!?!?! Holy shit man, you don't need that many for Neuro! Just 1 or 2 within 4 bars is enough! Its the movement and how you manipulate those sounds that's important!I'd like to hear some of your stuff as I'm interested to hear what 10-20 bass sounds in 4 bars sounds like!
Heres a sample of what I'm talking about:
https://soundcloud.com/james-leung-7/dnb-sample
35 diffrent basses over 8 bars

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
I'm jumping on board with spyre here! I think neuro is all about the groove. Make a bassline or two and cut them up and choose the parts you want to edit into the beat.

The key is to arrange the cutouts so that they form a nice rhythmic pattern... This is how I go about at least!

cele

VIP Junglist
to be fair you probably wont need chords in neuro except for pads and atmospherics, just make a drone (one sustained note) of a bassound you like and then begin recording modulation on it (Filtermodulation, pitch automation,..) cut up, reverse, resample until you find bits you like and then try to create a melody or groove with it.

thats how i do it atleast

but as for which note is good for these knd of basses, there is no rule or anything but a lot of people use either f,f#, or e because these notes seem to have a naturally big sub