Netsky

Norwax

VIP Junglist
Yoyo! First post here at dnb forum, how's everyone doing?

Well, I was scrolling down through facebook and I just found this tune, forthcoming on Netsky's new album:

I'm posting this because, like alot of people, Netsky is not my style, but I'm surprised with this production! what's your opinion on it?

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah we feeling the jungle vibes in this one! never would of thought its netsky. Wish he would do more like this

I think the other new ones aren't that much "netsky style"... 911, detonate and so on? Quite different from his usual output.
Also London Elektricity said there will be a dub physics (or however you "spell" that) remix of Love Has Gone, and another one by enei.

Last edited:
I think the other new ones aren't that much "netsky style"... 911, detonate and so on? Quite different from his usual output.
Also London Elektricity said there will be a dub physics (or however you "spell" that) remix of Love Has Gone, and another one by some other big on dnbforum artist, can't recall who.

all the others remind me of his style... full of melodies and etc but yeah that's my opinion. thanks for the info tho, can't wait for that dub phizix remix. he's on the top of my favourite producers from the moment and I'm sure there's alot of new stuff to release, saw him at Lisbon about 2 weeks ago and there were dubplates after dubplates. crowd went mental to each one of them!

the only good track off of the new album

I wouldn't say the others are too "netsky style". they're just a bit shit...

That's how most people would describe Netsky - "just a bit shit"

Can't believe how many threads on here are about him.

big S.P.Y influences on this one.....
really? would like to hear why you think this is so

That's how most people would describe Netsky - "just a bit shit"

Can't believe how many threads on here are about him.

yeah i find it weird how people who first get into dnb like the stuff that long time listeners consider a bit poor. maybe because its put out there more and its more easily avaliable to hear.
but why is this so? why is the poor stuff on the radio? sure it would be weird if sunchase was on radio 1 but tracks that are easier on the ear, like eyes wide shut and and countless calibre bits wouldn't be out of place getting some airwaves imo.

as for this track. i cant hear any spy influences and tbh i dont care for it all that much. better than his other toot but that high bass note grates on me. sorry hospital its another fail from you.
but i'm sure it will do well and only enocourage more of the same

yeah i find it weird how people who first get into dnb like the stuff that long time listeners consider a bit poor.

In have to disagree slightly with this one. I've been listening to dnb since the early 90's when it wasn't even classed as dnb, yet it seems from previous discussions that I like stuff that you would deem poor and vice versa. I really does depend on the person, how 'tolerant' you are with music in general and what you like listening to. Poor to you, is not necessarily poor to someone else. If you play the percentages game, I would hazard a guess that more people listen to and like the music that you deem poor (if that wasn't the case, then some of the tracks wouldn't make it into the charts). So in that respect, if we play the percentages game, according to the masses, it is actually the music that you deem good to be poor and not the other way around.

really? would like to hear why you think this is so

yeah i find it weird how people who first get into dnb like the stuff that long time listeners consider a bit poor. maybe because its put out there more and its more easily avaliable to hear.
but why is this so? why is the poor stuff on the radio? sure it would be weird if sunchase was on radio 1 but tracks that are easier on the ear, like eyes wide shut and and countless calibre bits wouldn't be out of place getting some airwaves imo

Very true Teddy.

Probably coz when the mainstreeam think of dnb, they associate it with the more electro sounding rave music (hot right now and the hospital records vibe)

As they are only subjected to netsky esq vibes on the radio, that is all they think there is.

Same could be said for the likes of boddika and joy oribison, they dont get the credit they deserve on the radio as most 140bpm music is either doctor P / datsick sort shit. I know there more techno influenced by it still applys to radio popularity.

In have to disagree slightly with this one. I've been listening to dnb since the early 90's when it wasn't even classed as dnb, yet it seems from previous discussions that I like stuff that you would deem poor and vice versa. I really does depend on the person, how 'tolerant' you are with music in general and what you like listening to. Poor to you, is not necessarily poor to someone else. If you play the percentages game, I would hazard a guess that more people listen to and like the music that you deem poor (if that wasn't the case, then some of the tracks wouldn't make it into the charts). So in that respect, if we play the percentages game, according to the masses, it is actually the music that you deem good to be poor and not the other way around.

ur the guy that likes skrillex right?
well sure its subjective but so is furniture.
a solid oak table will be of better quality than an ikea pine table right?
now some people would prefer the ikea one and as a percentage more pople have chosen the ikea special. so now by your logic pine is a higher quality wood than oak.
you tell that to a tree, see what happens to you.

ok let me hit u with a quote that a great man once said.

People With No Taste buy Horrible Sounding Tunes
Horrible Sounding Tunes get Radio Play
People With No Taste outnumber us by a ration of 35:1

therefore Horrible Sounding Tunes = Digital Download Sales

(HST X RP + PWNT²) + DDS = sucessfull music.

just because something is popular doesn't make it good.

disclaimer = I M O

now some people would prefer the ikea one and as a percentage more pople have chosen the ikea special. so now by your logic pine is a higher quality wood than oak.

ok let me hit u with a quote that a great man once said.

just because something is popular doesn't make it good.

disclaimer = I M O

I think it is far too abstract to compare a tune with a solid oak table. Its like comparing apples and pears. In fact, its more like comparing apples and pears than comparing it against furniture! What is the better quality, an apple or a pear? It's down to the taste of the person right?

If something is popular, it must mean it is 'good' to a large proportion of people, therefore it is relative to the person(s). It doesn't mean, however, that it is good to you. That is the point I am making really.

Last edited:

Some time ago I liked all the mainstream and jump-up and thought deep, minimal was just boring. But after time it grew on me and now It's the other way around for me. Thing is though that mainstream D&B got real shit lately :D I liked stuff on Viper a lot (around Acts Of Mad Men LP) but stuff they release now is mostly shit :( Similarly with Ram, Hospital, ...

but why is this so? why is the poor stuff on the radio? sure it would be weird if sunchase was on radio 1 but tracks that are easier on the ear, like eyes wide shut and and countless calibre bits wouldn't be out of place getting some airwaves imo.

as for this track. i cant hear any spy influences and tbh i dont care for it all that much. better than his other toot but that high bass note grates on me. sorry hospital its another fail from you.
but i'm sure it will do well and only enocourage more of the same

Sure is Teddy win in here

Spot on fella, spot on

Sure is Teddy win in here

Spot on fella, spot on

I disagree, you can't compare furniture with a tune, its too abstract. you can't compare a physical tangible object with something that does not have a physical form and is merely interpreted by the listener.

The root of the differences in opinion, I believe, is that Teddy believes the quality of a tune is not subjective and that a bad tune is a bad tune and everyone one will agree that across the board.

Whilst at first, this may seem a reasonable. For instance say a six year old kid opens up a DAW for the first time plays with some stuff and creates a tune. Now unless that kid was born a genius, we can agree that the majority of people will think it sounds shite. However, the 6 year old kid might think it sounds amazing, i.e. the quality of it is good. The tune is relative to the listener.

Another example, we have all done this, created a tune and thought to ourselves, wow that sounds really good, the best track I have made. You listen to it a year later and think oh dear god, what did I create? At the time you created it, you thought the quality was good so the quality of the tune is again relative to the listener.

Also people can change over time, like the guy who said he used to like jump-up but is now into minimal. At a point in time, he thought jump up was great and the tracks were of good quality. Now he has a different opinion so are the tracks good or bad? Again it is relative to the listener at a point in time,

Interpretations of music can vary over time and between people, so it is impossible to simply say that a track is good quality or a track is bad quality. It is only good or bad according to the person and how that person interpreted it at that point in time.

Last edited:
I disagree, you can't compare furniture with a tune, its too abstract.

of course u can
i just did
i simplified my point so you would understand via my (quite frankly) "superb" analogy.
really think about it. its actually quite clever

of course music is subjective. im not disagreeing with that.
what i am saying is just because something is popular doesn't mean it good. a good example would be from a technical point of view.
for instance EVERYTHING phace has done has been (from a production point of view) technically brilliant. i dont think there is any argument there. seriously next level shit. how he does it is beyond me. however not all of it is to my liking.

if you don't like my point of view then read your own comments back about subjectivity.

i feel really stongly about my opinions and nobody is going to change them. feel free to try but you'll need a far greater argument than the above.

Back
Top Bottom