Netsky pulling a Mistabishi?

Synx

VIP Junglist
Watch this video from Prague a couple of months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vs_ZeMbTAs&hd=1

It's hard to see what's going on with the mixer and turntables, but watch the Serato screen and you can clearly see what he's doing mixing-wise. For example his transition from System to Ill Behaviour at around 5:20 - the transition happens with only one Serato track playing. So both System and Ill Behaviour were on that one MP3, evidently. This would be excusable if it was a mash-up, but it's not, it's a (fairly rubbish) mix. He then mixes into another Serato track at 6:24 (notice the top one stop moving) but it continues to be Ill Behaviour, with his next tune pre-mixed in (listen to the drums).

Secondly, watch the bit from 2:14 to 3:00. The track he mixes out of the Let You Go remix (I don't recognise it) drops when it's clearly on the same Serato deck as Let You Go (the top one) - if you watch the waveforms, the waveform on the deck it 'should' be on goes into near-silence at about 2:44 for quite a while. The camera looks away for a while, and when it looks back at 3:36, the track I don't know is now on the bottom Serato deck and the Vocals from System are being mixed in - apparently on the top deck - and it's all well and dandy until at 3:50 he takes the tune out of the top deck...and both tunes remain playing.

I'm pretty sure he has his transitions pre-recorded, and then he matches up the tracks that are the same - i.e., he has 2 MP3s with Ill Behaviour on it: one is an MP3 going from System into Ill Behaviour, and another is an MP3 with Ill Behaviour going into whatever the next tune is.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Before we come to a decision on this, can I just say first that I absolutely adore that we're now officially calling this kind of thing "pulling a Mistabishi"?

that video doesnt make sense, what im seeing doesnt go with what im hearing. when he mixes out let you go (which i asume is the top wave) the bottom wave (one mixing in) is small, like a breakdown/vocal bit, but you hear another song drop with a bass line, so wtf? is it pre recorded & he's mixing for image?

Last edited:
I looked at the thread title quickly at first and thought Netsky and Mistabishi had become good friends

Very good friends

I thought that, but the crowd reactions fit perfectly with the sound, as does Netsky's dancing/posing etc.

In all honesty... Does it bother you that much?

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

i can have a word with him if you like. tell him that your not happy. he is on aim at the moment :teeth:

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

but yes.. it does look a bit dodgy

To me it seems like all the tracks are mashup's with the songs he plays before... Means all the mixes are premixed he just need to get in, in time to sync the tracks on the right place...

In all honesty... Does it bother you that much?

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

i can have a word with him if you like. tell him that your not happy. he is on aim at the moment :teeth:

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

but yes.. it does look a bit dodgy

Oh I'm hardly frothing at the mouth. Simply a bit miffed, and looking for other people's opinions.

Edit: bonus is that other people's opinions on this sort of thing tend to be great

The video is slightly faster than the audio I think. You can tell by when he cues the tune after Ill Behaviour and when the lights hit for the drop.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

After a look at the full video Im just confused. Some of it fits and some of it really doesnt.

Back
Top Bottom