Netsky - 911

argh it's go that synth. the one that sounds like it was produced in germany in 1984 but is still apparently the future sound of dnb in 2012

Ok so I may or may not get crucified for this but I don't get netsky at all. It seems he is the next big thing, but I am not a fan. His songs are excelent(I wish I could produce that well) but I just don't understand why everybody likes him so much. Any incite on this would be greatly received.

Ok so I may or may not get crucified for this but I don't get netsky at all. It seems he is the next big thing, but I am not a fan. His songs are excelent(I wish I could produce that well) but I just don't understand why everybody likes him so much. Any incite on this would be greatly received.

because his songs are pretty and he dances all the time with a smile

netsky does it like camo & krooked - they get very cheesy for mainstream - i think its ok cause more poeple will recognize drumNbass ;)

:mkay:

i think its ok cause more poeple will recognize drumNbass ;)

:mkay:
this seems to be a popular viewpoint amongst certain dnb heads, that just because something is in the genre of dnb then it must somehow have a positive effect if it's getting plenty of media exposure. the flipside of this argument is that it's precisely the kind of crud that gives dnb a bad name, and taints the genre. I luv drum n base, Netsky is the bestest yo!!! it's the same reason I don't call myself a hip hop fan anymore, because people assume you mean hideous cockwank like kanye west and p diddy

this seems to be a popular viewpoint amongst certain dnb heads, that just because something is in the genre of dnb then it must somehow have a positive effect if it's getting plenty of media exposure. the flipside of this argument is that it's precisely the kind of crud that gives dnb a bad name, and taints the genre. I luv drum n base, Netsky is the bestest yo!!! it's the same reason I don't call myself a hip hop fan anymore, because people assume you mean hideous cockwank like kanye west and p diddy

you make a fair point, but in regards to drum and bass, I think it's caused the scene to splinter into two, aka cheese vs. 'real' dnb. IMO this sort of divide is getting bigger with time, and the whole trancier synthier side of DnB is developing its own following completely devoid of, for lack of a better word - 'original' DnB.

So whereas before there was this big blur of music, I think the two factions are becoming more independent of eachother. In a good way.

...and theres also the possibility that with time, all these Belgian teenyboppers will get curious and start exploring some of the more sophisticated DnB flavours ;)

...and theres also the possibility that with time, all these Belgian teenyboppers will get curious and start exploring some of the more sophisticated DnB flavours ;)
S'pose so... then they can look back and cringe lol. I see your other point about the divide etc as well. still all comes under the banner of drum n bass though. This stuff should be relabelled soming like synth'n'cock

Omg ur all soooo wrong! I got into netsky & Dj fresh when I took an ecstasy tablet in uni & thought I was bare urban n that

LIke it more than his recent drumstep tune, forgot how it's called. Seems a bit camo & krooked stlyle for me this one. It's not a top tune, but it isn't that bad either.

Back
Top Bottom