Multi Genre Neruofunk-Influenced Dubstep?

Forerunner

After hearing Billain's take on dubstep i thought it was very interesting and thought provoking on how people react to this?

I wanted to ask if this is a idea of having Neruofunk-influenced dubstep was accepted among the dnb community? I personally think that their is some real creative possibilities with this in mind. I myself did a little edit/vip/remix thing? to a Emperor track (Monolith) and i thought it came out pretty good.

So yea i was wondering whats the forums thoughts on this concept?

After hearing Billain's take on dubstep i thought it was very interesting and thought provoking on how people react to this?

I wanted to ask if this is a idea of having Neruofunk-influenced dubstep was accepted among the dnb community? I personally think that their is some real creative possibilities with this in mind. I myself did a little edit/vip/remix thing? to a Emperor track (Monolith) and i thought it came out pretty good.

So yea i was wondering whats the forums thoughts on this concept?

you don't need to ask to post dubstep man. Some dubstep I think is banging, I used to be into it when I was about 14 and some of it is really good. I listened to a Rinsefm LX One mix the other day, first bit of dubstep I actually youtubed in a while and it was wicked!

don't mind a bit of dubstep.

hate it when people say "neurofunk dubstep", because there's no funk in dubstep. But i'm all ears to "neuro-influenced", but i reckon it's quite difficult to transfer the energy and rawness of neurofunk into a genre which should sound eerie as fuck.

NFG uploaded this recently, from 2 guys i've never heard of before, instantly grabbed my attention.

then a few days later, they uploaded this stomper, sounds like old school phace imo

definitely expecting big things from these lads in the future, well and truly on my radar

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea i know Krystal, talked to him when he first came out on NFG. Cool guy but its a shame he hasn't gotten the recognition that other have gotten, still a great producer. As for what sounds funky, i know its called "neruofunk" but it doesnt seem to have... funk? Its got rhythm and technicality and traces of funk but not like say some glitch hop artists with real funk influence. Never really understand that part about the name, if anyone can explain please?

As for this little dubstep edit of a neurofunk song that i did if anyone wants a listen here it is:

As for what sounds funky, i know its called "neruofunk" but it doesnt seem to have... funk? Its got rhythm and technicality and traces of funk but not like say some glitch hop artists with real funk influence. Never really understand that part about the name, if anyone can explain please?

breakbeats come from funk music. hence neurofunk, liquidfunk, etc.

i'm not talking about a tune having a direct funk influence or feel, it's just that connection that drum and bass has with funk music, i'm probably being a bit pedantic tbh.

i'm not talking about a tune having a direct funk influence or feel, it's just that connection that drum and bass has with funk music, i'm probably being a bit pedantic tbh.
Ok so its because of the drums. Makes sense though, thank you for the info.

Last edited:
I think elements of that 'neuro' sound have been present in a lot of Dubstep for quite a while... I'm very particular about what dubstep like, but I definitely prefer the darker, techier stuff over that screechy brostep shit.

This track is fucking immense -

Last edited by a moderator:

You will find that alot of older neurofunk tunes actually do have that funk soulful vibe about them. In the basslines and melodies there was alot of movement and soul. Futuristic funk babbbyyyy.

:P

Back
Top Bottom