Nerf the Dutch - Hardliner

Nerf the Dutch

[updated! 17-9-11] Nerf the Dutch - Knobs Everywhere

UPDATED! September 17 2011
Listened to advice, added some vocals, equalized it, made it a bit more interesting to listen and finally changed the name to fit the track better. Here it is!

What do you think? The old version is still online too, down there, so you can even compare them if you want.

---------------------------------------
Hey guys!
I've been a metalhead since the moment I started listening music, but with a healthy sidedish of different genres too. Lately I've been into Drum and Bass more and more, and since I've seen the Qemists I'm sold. Since then I've been messing around with Fruity Loops.
I haven't been using this kind of software before, but I really like how it works.

This is the very first track that my mind spawned. I would love some tips 'n tricks on it, cuz it could surely use some.

I hope you'll enjoy listening and hit me with some feedback! You can also leave it in the Soundcloud comment bar thing if you want to point out something specific.

TL;DR
First track, enjoy listening, feedback much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
First of all, I think this topic is posted in the wrong place but anyways:

I think it's a good efford for a first track "ever" for not having touched any DAW's before! That I give you :)
More variation perhaps. Now I don't mean in the drumbeat or the bassline. But maybe apply some ambient synth's or some kind of melody to keep your listeners more intrested trought the whole track!
And maybe you should try to mix your bassline's so they blend in better with eachother. Now it felt more like two diffrent.. I don't know... But they felt distant to eachother :p

Hope you can make use of this critisism. And keep making them tracks bro! :D

Thank you!
I did watch some tutorials first, and play with the functions a little, so I knew atleast some of the possibilities. I had the same feeling with the basslines, especially the wobble sounds off. Going to look for a way to mix them.
Going to follow your advice and leave the drumbeat and bassline as it too, cuz it only gets messed up now. Next up, some more interesting stuff to throw in between.

Btw, where should this topic go? I read "This is the forum to showcase your latest creations for feedback" so I thought I'd put it in here.

nice first effort, defo need to work on low-end to get it cohesive and punchy and as well should raise the gain/volume/rms on the entire track...tons of other things you could do but thts a start...good effort again.

Back
Top Bottom