Nelly Furtado DnB Remix Downloads Enabled :) Let me know what do you all think?

Same with me here. The bass is a bit to digital and to resonant. I also think the explode sound @1:06 doesn't work all that great, but that's just a minor complaint. Other than that you've done a great job. keep rocking..

Dutty man. Really love that bass. Personaly id f' Nelly off. Be better without her. Good track in its own right. Easier to release then too ;)

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

What you using btw. As a stab in the dark im guessing reason plugged into something. Sounds like a reason synth line, but cant do remixes that easy in reason. Great stuff though dude.

Thanks for the replies :) After hearing what you guys think I do agree that the bass is a bit too "resonant" and digital. Here on the West Coast of Canada that sort of bass/wobble is popular at the moment, and some refer to it as West Coast bass. I personally like the sound but I have to agree that it is a bit too prominent in this particular mix. I'm thinking maybe I should use a low pass to cut out some of the top end? I think it would flatten it out and it wouldn't be so gritty and digital. Or do you guys think that I should change the bass sound entirely? As for what I'm using Sid, I use Ableton live with a ton of plugins. For that particular bass sound I used massive, a flanger, izotope trash, camel phat and then the usual eq filter and pitch bends. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the replies :) As for what I'm using Sid, I use Ableton live with a ton of plugins. For that particular bass sound I used massive, a flanger, izotope trash, camel phat and then the usual eq filter and pitch bends. Any other suggestions?

Same as me, pretty much. Only without the plug-ins. Been finding less = more on that front. Personaly if I was using that synth I'd use redux on it, then see about cutting some of the hi-end to stop it interfering with the hats. And get rid of Nelly. She aint helping. lol ;) Shorten outro too. Great work though man. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom