Nelly Furtado DnB Remix Downloads Enabled :) Let me know what do you all think?

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by snowbound, Jun 3, 2012.

1. snowbound

snowbound New Member

Let me know what you all think :) Track Drops @ 1m30s!!! Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  2. oversight

oversight Member

i dont like the bass sound

everything else i like, but the bass sound is not doing it at all for me, sorry

3. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

yeah its well produced - good job. but that bass just dont seem to work for me.

4. megagnome

megagnome Member

Same with me here. The bass is a bit to digital and to resonant. I also think the explode sound @1:06 doesn't work all that great, but that's just a minor complaint. Other than that you've done a great job. keep rocking..

5. Sid Fidla James

Sid Fidla James Member

Dutty man. Really love that bass. Personaly id f' Nelly off. Be better without her. Good track in its own right. Easier to release then too ;)

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

What you using btw. As a stab in the dark im guessing reason plugged into something. Sounds like a reason synth line, but cant do remixes that easy in reason. Great stuff though dude.

6. snowbound

snowbound New Member

Thanks for the replies :) After hearing what you guys think I do agree that the bass is a bit too "resonant" and digital. Here on the West Coast of Canada that sort of bass/wobble is popular at the moment, and some refer to it as West Coast bass. I personally like the sound but I have to agree that it is a bit too prominent in this particular mix. I'm thinking maybe I should use a low pass to cut out some of the top end? I think it would flatten it out and it wouldn't be so gritty and digital. Or do you guys think that I should change the bass sound entirely? As for what I'm using Sid, I use Ableton live with a ton of plugins. For that particular bass sound I used massive, a flanger, izotope trash, camel phat and then the usual eq filter and pitch bends. Any other suggestions?

7. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

bass is too loud imo... it's the only thing I'd say, anything else is fine!! =))

8. Sid Fidla James

Sid Fidla James Member

Same as me, pretty much. Only without the plug-ins. Been finding less = more on that front. Personaly if I was using that synth I'd use redux on it, then see about cutting some of the hi-end to stop it interfering with the hats. And get rid of Nelly. She aint helping. lol ;) Shorten outro too. Great work though man. :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012