Neeeeeeeeeeed feedback

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by BLoodstaiN`, Aug 6, 2010.

1. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

2. dexter

dexter Member

Hmm, well to be perfectly honest, its not good, i mean, the melody and all that is fine, but its pretty bad technically, sounds like someone mucking round on a daw for the first time haha, just keep at it, listen to tunes.

if this is one of your first attempts or you are just beginning, try judging for yourself what is wrong or what could be improved, i personally dont think its any good for someone to post everything they make from the beginning or even as a beginner, people really cant hold hands and talk them through every single aspect of production and learn that way, in a forum enviroment anyway, you have to explore ideas and shit for yourself.

I've been making shit for 3 years now and still just not ready for anyone to hear anything because im personally not happy with shit i make, i blatantly know its terrible, all these people here are learning too and if you cant self-criticize then your going to have a hard time..

just my 2c, im sure a lot of people will disagree with me

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  3. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

THat's just it, i know there's something wrong, or a lot wrong but i can't put my finger on it

4. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

What program are you using to produce?

5. sausagenumber9

sausagenumber9 Member

Is this mini minimal dnb :D?

6. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

you need...

moving filters on the bass
    automated effects on everything else
    vary the precussion
    EQ everything so you can hear all the sounds as individual sounds, rather than muddy messyness

on the plus side, you have some nice sounds going on, just need to practice getting them working together better, also try not to make everything full-on all the time, it looses its impact massivly and will end up just being annoying, put sum little breaks and drops in, cut bits of the bass out, fuk with the filters, have fun! :)

7. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

good things in there but my feedback is:
    you need to define the sounds more - everything is competing with each other a bit. drums should be clearer and the bass/synth not so much to the front.
    add in some drops - and build ups / break downs - more interesting for the ear.
    anyways my tunes aint all that so im just saying these things as ways to improove it - some good ideas and sounds in there - more work on the production will bring them out to full potential,

8. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

Fl studio 9 Producer's edition,
    and my main synth is Sytrus

---------- Post added at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

How do you mean?

---------- Post added at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

moving filters on the bass
    automated effects on everything else

Any tutorial on that? 'cause I'm still having a hard time with synths. I think that I only know 10% of synths ;p
    I just mess around with the things i know i try to make a sound i like then i start thinking about how i should put it in a song,
    but that's the hardest part, In my head it all sounds so nice and stuff but i can't put it into a song because i don't know how i should make it sound that way

9. dexter

dexter Member

thats where years of practise come in, you shouldnt know what to do, thats the massive challenge, just keep making shit and dont worry too much on the technical aspect of, and it will slowly come naturally.

10. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

it all sounds beautiful but when i know all about synths when i'm learning the way you are i'll be 60, It is the best method though

11. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

needs some work true but again some good ideas keep at it :)

12. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

I know bugger all about fruityloops, but look up automation tutorials on youtube, it should at least get you started, tbh its all practice, and hours and hours of experimenting, i'm sure you've listened to enough dnb to know the 'standard' structure of a track, so dont worry about that to much, just experiment, tweek things about and see what happens, thats how we all learn :D

13. dexter

dexter Member

can i ask how long you've been producing for?

and think about some big name producers out there, im sure the majority of them picked up their originality and their own sound from doing stuff themselves, you wont be 60, if you keep at it you'll see massive changes in the way you produce in like a year. you think everyone posted stuff online and got talked through whats wrong with their tunes right from the get go?

you gotta have patience basically or your fucked

14. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

^^^^ that.

it takes balls to post up your music - so well done.
    just take all the comments on board - watch a load of tutorials on youtube - try them all.
    after a few months you will be much better and after a year you will look back on your first tracks and wont believe the difference