Needs vocals?

Leemodnb

Made this last week. Needs a lot of work still and maybe some vocals before I get it mastered. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah man that sounds really good. Really interesting to listen to in terms of the drums! Give me an example of another track that has that bass sound you want to achieve and i'll take a listen.

Thanks man..

Only example I could give is this wilkinson track just after the 16th's on the tom's, you hear a little bass drop.. 0.54-0.55 seconds in

Just an ES1 Deep bass, cutoff pretty low..
I used a patch in massive for those bass drop notes but it sounds garbo.

Open massive and have a sine wave in oscillator one. Put a performer LFO on the pitch and set it to how much you want the note to fall by i.e. a full octave or just a few semitones. Then in the performer LFO either adjust the rate of the fall using the rate knob or press sync and choose the length of the fall there.

Hopefully thats the effect you're going for

It is a very nice liquidy roller, liking the vibe off it. I would improve the kicks though, add more punch since they sound lost in the mix, but overall it is very well done.

Do layer some vocals on it, they would fit quite brilliantly!

For those bass stabs:
in the voicing tab: put it on 'monorotate' and 'legato triller'
than in you piano roll, make low note (to where you want your bass to drop) overlap the note where you want that stab/slide to happen (kinda hard to explain, I can take a screenshot if you want)
then, in massive, go to the osc tab and play around with that 'time' wheel. how more you turn it clockwise, the slower the bass will slide between notes.
Play around with that wheel a bit and voila.

Back
Top Bottom