Needles ?

For scratching- Shure M447 (you have to sacrifice a lil bit of sound quality)
For sound quality- Ortofon Concorde (you can scratch with these okay, but they aren't as good as the Shure needle as far as skipping, durability, and what-not goes)

Originally posted by Psy Klone
For scratching- Shure M447 (you have to sacrifice a lil bit of sound quality)

I find that sound quality on the shures aint ot bad-I'd reccomend them to anyone-they are the dons. :slayer:

It's not bad, but the sound is crystal clear in the Ortofon. I am the Shure M447's cheerleader when I reccomend needles, but some people may be concerned about precise sound replication over how well the needle holds up. Personally, I have 2 sets of needles, the Ortofons and the Shures. I use The Ortophons when I want to just mix, and the Shures when I get down to business. Besides, you can't go wrong with a needle that was championed by The Ivizibl Skratch Piklz ;)

EZ
-Paul

Mixmaster Mike and A-Trak (even tho he wasn't technically a member, just an affiliate). I've seen SHURE ads in URB with all of the ISP, and I've watched home videos at q-berts house and those were the needles everyone was using during Q&A.

A-trak is in the allies dude. Apollo was one of the founding members of the piklz cos him Mike and Q were all round mike's and they were all practicing Mike had a snare going Q was scratching some horns and apollo came in with the trumpet stab and they looked at eachother, kept going and that was that !!!!! The piklz were born

I know A-Trak is one of the Allies, but I also know that after A-Trak won the DMC the first time, Q made him an Honorary Member (an affiliate) of ISP. The core group was the 3 you forementioned, but also know that DJ Flare was an Honorary Member as well. I was able to witness an interview between Q-Bert and Odi Wan (a friend of mine who was hooked up on the Thud Rumble tour after only ONE YEAR on the wheels of steel).

Back
Top Bottom