Needles ?

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by deathscythe, Mar 11, 2003.

1. deathscythe

deathscythe New Member

Needle recomendations ?
    whats what,hot or not,
    can anyone help ?

2. Psy Klone

Psy Klone SLC Drum and Bass

For scratching- Shure M447 (you have to sacrifice a lil bit of sound quality)
    For sound quality- Ortofon Concorde (you can scratch with these okay, but they aren't as good as the Shure needle as far as skipping, durability, and what-not goes)

3. sampa

sampa ShadowSniper

I find that sound quality on the shures aint ot bad-I'd reccomend them to anyone-they are the dons. :slayer:

4. Psy Klone

It's not bad, but the sound is crystal clear in the Ortofon. I am the Shure M447's cheerleader when I reccomend needles, but some people may be concerned about precise sound replication over how well the needle holds up. Personally, I have 2 sets of needles, the Ortofons and the Shures. I use The Ortophons when I want to just mix, and the Shures when I get down to business. Besides, you can't go wrong with a needle that was championed by The Ivizibl Skratch Piklz ;)

EZ
    -Paul

5. sampa

sampa ShadowSniper

For real-Apollo or mixmaster? which one do u prefer(forget Q-bert he gets to much attention already!!!!!)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2003
  6. Psy Klone

Mixmaster Mike and A-Trak (even tho he wasn't technically a member, just an affiliate). I've seen SHURE ads in URB with all of the ISP, and I've watched home videos at q-berts house and those were the needles everyone was using during Q&A.

7. sampa

sampa ShadowSniper

A-trak is in the allies dude. Apollo was one of the founding members of the piklz cos him Mike and Q were all round mike's and they were all practicing Mike had a snare going Q was scratching some horns and apollo came in with the trumpet stab and they looked at eachother, kept going and that was that !!!!! The piklz were born

8. Psy Klone

I know A-Trak is one of the Allies, but I also know that after A-Trak won the DMC the first time, Q made him an Honorary Member (an affiliate) of ISP. The core group was the 3 you forementioned, but also know that DJ Flare was an Honorary Member as well. I was able to witness an interview between Q-Bert and Odi Wan (a friend of mine who was hooked up on the Thud Rumble tour after only ONE YEAR on the wheels of steel).

9. sampa

sampa ShadowSniper

Wikid. Have u seen my Which DJ thread??

10. Psy Klone

Goin there now ;)