needles skipping!!

AuGsY

DJ apprentice
i noticed when im mixing at higher volumes the bass gets to loud and it makes the needles start to skip a bit or sometimes i think it jerks the needles around and they move slightly when trying to beatmatch. Is there any way to isolate my tables from the bass? A friend suggested this sponge padding to put under the feet (not sure how well it works?) Any help is appreciated.

i used to have the same problem at partys with my old decks and yeah puting spong underneath helped a lot, its never been a problem with my technics though

what decks & needles do you have??

do you have a speaker on the same table as your decks??

In a lot of clubs they put the turntables on top of a paving or patio slab, you could try that :)

tell us how you're set up at present, and lets see if we can figure it out.

if it only happens with volume increases its not your tone-arms, but you should check they're balanced anyway

444867.jpg

The Freefloat is a specially designed aircushion for turntables in a DJ set-up. By placing a turntable on a Freefloat, direct contact between the turntable and the DJ booth is avoided. This results in improved skip resistance of the needles and eliminates rumble problems completely.

Launched at the 2003 Dance Valley festival in Amsterdam, the Freefloat is already making the lives of DJ's and technicians easier, and gives the audience a better and more dynamic sound experience.

During DJ Tiesto's recent concert in the Gelredome (25.000 visitors) the Freefloat was put to the test. Freefloats allowed Tiesto to use more low-end in his set without the usual rumble problems that normally occur when playing at high volumes. Afterwards Tiesto commented 'FreeFloat saved my concert.'

Since then Freefloat has also been called to the rescue at events and festivals such as ID&T Sensation White & Black edition in the Amsterdam Arena, Tiesto's truck in the Love parade Berlin, Extrema festival Eindhoven, The North Sea Jazz festival in The Hague and more....

http://www.djsuperstore.co.uk/item/...n-tiesto-turntable-shock-absorber-pair-£16.95

sorry i guess i should have mentioned all this.

using numark tt200 tables and i have high end stanton needles which are balanced properly, speakers and sub are about 3 feet to my left. Im gonna try sponges ill let u know how it works.

Back
Top Bottom