needing help with studio monitors

Dj_Kritikool

ive got krk rp 8's which are linked 2 my decks and i use to mix with and personally i think they are quality

are they just as good for studio production???

ive heard alot about mackie and yamaha monitors

but not to sure which to go for

if any1 can help me out with this, it would be sweet

thanks

yeh i mean they are shit hot for mixing, i love um

just what ive heard about mackie and yamaha being industry standard

i can always try out my krks but from reviews and interviews ive read, a majority of people who kno what they are talking about tend to go for mackie or yamaha

yeh i mean they are shit hot for mixing, i love um

just what ive heard about mackie and yamaha being industry standard

i can always try out my krks but from reviews and interviews ive read, a majority of people who kno what they are talking about tend to go for mackie or yamaha

if you got the money for the mackie's, buy them!

i run my decks & production through the krk's... wouldn't that be easia ?

it would be alot easier yeh deffo lol

only problem my decks are in my garage and the computer i use for production is in my room

so i really need a 2nd set of monitors because i am playing tracks back thru my headphones atm

which isnt ideal

Listened to a couple of pairs of Mackies in Cape Town recently and the Alesis ones i was comparing them to (at half the price) smashed the shit out of them.

Listened to some KRKs too, and although its a beefy sound i didnt know how accurate it was. Didnt sound transparent like some of the others. Might be a bit too much low end, but to be honest they'll be fine as long as you know how things sound different on them.

I've got a pair of HS80M's .. compared to the Mackie's .. imo. .. similar - but WA-AA-AY cheaper .. ~ compared to RP8's more distinction on all ends .. Lows are more felt than heard, highs are much cleaner --

I didn't know about the industry standard stuff though, but that's cool. heh.:broke_ima

Back
Top Bottom