Needing 2 sorts of sounds work together instead of clashing

BLoodstaiN`

http://soundcloud.com/subtitude/under-construction-3

This tune had a whole overhaul or however you write it.
Don't pay attention to anything atm i'm focussing on 1 thing.
The first 8 beats of my actual drop that's what keeping me busy
there's this bassline and a synthsound with mid tones.
but they seem to be clashing while i want them sound good together, and hear them seperatley
is this possible? 'cause i've been messing with this equalizer for an hour now and it's a bit fucked up overall now :mrpanic:

By "this equalizer" do you mean one EQ for the whole track? If so that may be your problem, you have to have an equalizer on every sound if you want to change the frequencies of them

honestly i dont think the mid range synth goes with the track...i think harmonically its very drone-like and doesnt suit ur track
but try n take a lil more low end out
n boost it at around 2khz to add some sparkle..n bring it out a lil

^^yep^^

If your desperate to get the two sounds to work together, cut anything under about 300hz and boost around the 2khz mark on the mid range synth. And cut anything over around 1khz on the bass, this might help it come together better.

Also if you havnt already, mono your bass channel, and maybe throw some light compression on your synth

honestly i dont think the mid range synth goes with the track...i think harmonically its very drone-like and doesnt suit ur track
but try n take a lil more low end out
n boost it at around 2khz to add some sparkle..n bring it out a lil
Well none of both sound lik in the clip. Just messed too much with my EQ and it got totally screwed up

Take of all the EQ's and start over again might work. If it is clashing in the midrange you will want to take an EQ and take out some of the mid frequencies from your bass or synth.

Broken link, so i cant hear your track.
But there is two person who are telling you that there is an harmony/tonality problem.
Don't think it's a hasard. Try to work on this side.

is there a plugin for stereo position / spreading in FL?

Just send the sound that has to be stero seperated and send it to a empty mixer channel.
Open up your mixer and go to the desired channel, under the VST slots you've got two rotary buttons, the top one is for stereo seperation and the bottom one is for panning.
So to seperate the sound turn the knob to the left. To make a sound mono, like a bass sound, turn the knob all the way to the right.

Back
Top Bottom