Need to learn how to read and play music from scratch can you guys suggest some sites

n.minas

Hello everyone,

So i am entering the the realm of music production but i have little to no knowledge of how to read sheet music and this is becoming a problem for me. Although i can create good sounding melodies from within piano roll i wanted more feeling in my music so i turned to a cheap midi keyboard but i feel a little incompetent. This is because i left school at a very early age and have never been taught any kind of music.

So to the point anyway what i really want to know is how to read music so i can practice and build a comfort level with this keyboard. The only problem is every search i do in google it either gives me just the sheet music or loads of sites that you are requred to pay.

So if any of you guys know of a site that allows you to learn how to read music, play music and possibly also show examples so that i know what the tune is suppose to sound like in the first place would you please point me in the right direction please.

If you have any tips at all on where to start really it would be great especially if it involves a Hands On Type of approach.

Regards

nick

Re: Need to learn how to read and play music from scratch can you guys suggest some s

I highly recommend simply learning to play piano. Maybe take classes or go out and find a book. I came from a history of guitar and that music theory has been infinitely helpful to me.

Just google search like "piano tabs [easy song you like]"

Re: Need to learn how to read and play music from scratch can you guys suggest some s

Thanks i think i will take your advice an go with the piano option. My keyboard has some basic lessons on it so i guess thats a good starting place and i will carry on attacking google too but i really want to find a user friendly site so if anyone has any other suggestions as to a good site for piano lessons then please post

regards

nick

Back
Top Bottom