need to get my mixes uploaded

do you have any sequecing software, like ableton, cuebase?

if so, record your mix to audacity as a big WAV file - Save in folder -

open this up in your sequencer, get the volumes / eq going good then burn down to an MP3 of your chosen quality

if you dont have a sequencer im sure you can just make a huge mp3 in audacity when you 'Export' it??

do you have any sequecing software, like ableton, cuebase?

if so, record your mix to audacity as a big WAV file - Save in folder -

open this up in your sequencer, get the volumes / eq going good then burn down to an MP3 of your chosen quality

if you dont have a sequencer im sure you can just make a huge mp3 in audacity when you 'Export' it??

^^^ best way of doing things. Make sure you leave lots of headroom when recording. I spent 2 hours recording a mamoth mix lastnite then realised it was over 0dB, so it sounded fucked. Better to record quiet then pump it up in ableton then recording too loud, as you leave yourself no-where to go.

I had some problems with Audacity so I got Soundforge then WinLame downloaded to convert to mp3

Another question, I noticed that some peoples mixes in the mix section are only about 20MB or so for 30 minutes...Mine are around 40MB. Think I converted at a rate of 128 as I thought any lower than this would affect the quality. It is just I would like to upload a longer mix so this would be even more MBs

i think hre meant he has to mix quiet due to the waking up of other members in his household. not because he cant turn a knob on his mixer.

i now use adobe audition to record mine, had loads of problems with audacity for some reason. Auditions cool it gives you a big waveform and level meters as you're recording so you can check levels then lets you normalise and amplify/reduce and generally fuck about with the recording once youve finished the mix, plus it lets you save as .wav or mp3 or whatever you want without other software :2thumbs:

i now use adobe audition to record mine, had loads of problems with audacity for some reason. Auditions cool it gives you a big waveform and level meters as you're recording so you can check levels then lets you normalise and amplify/reduce and generally fuck about with the recording once youve finished the mix, plus it lets you save as .wav or mp3 or whatever you want without other software :2thumbs:

Thats the new cool edit isnt it? That was one of my fav. pieces of software, so simple! All about ableton for me tho now when it comes to editing. Cool edit is a little destructive for my liking.

Thats the new cool edit isnt it? That was one of my fav. pieces of software, so simple! All about ableton for me tho now when it comes to editing. Cool edit is a little destructive for my liking.

think so yeah, can be pretty destructive but i only ever really record,normalise and some times add track markers.
its a nice program to use for single tunes as well because its so simple to save as a wav or 320 or whatever and you can get an knackered old 33 sounding awesome. the multi track is pretty useful too

whats the big deal with ableton then? i use it now and again for mixing but nothing else really. might give it a try, what versions it on now? think ive got 5 or 6?

you shouldnt have to many problems with audacity, im usually plug and play with it. maybe try reinstalling it to see if it fixes your problem.

Pro Tools 8 FTW!!!

Mastering plug ins that come bundled can reli give u a beefy sound, and because u can edit the audio waveform directly aswell using Audio Suite then you can get you mix sounding sweet even if u may have raised the levels at one point and brought them down in another.

I hate it when im listening to a mix and u get a switch where the next tune is alot quieter than the last. its lazy mastering reli cos obviously some records just have a lower signal but it doesnt take 2 secs to boost the gain or volume on that particular section so it flows in the mix!

Back
Top Bottom