need to free up cpu!!!!

Bad Ace

Close2Death
VIP Junglist
ok.....so i looked at process's when i start my pc.its runnin loads of bloody programs in the background.n e 1 know how i can stop these?i think i read sumwhere how to do it on here but i cant find it.

cheers in advance :2thumbs:

There are some cleaner programs that can automatically remove those little bastards of "applications" that do shit but take RAM and cpu. One is CCleaner. I also got TweakNow PowerPack 200x something sitting on my hd here, i think it can do something similar.

But in the end, the easiest way (and the most effective too) is to format hard drive. believe me. Then just be sure to install only stuff that you need.

best placer for you man is google Black ViperHe has a site which lists all the processes that can run, what they are for and also tells you how to stop them running fullstop. DO NOT USE msconfig in the run window!!! It only stops it for that time of use.
heres the link man:
http://www.dead-eye.net/WinXP Services.htm

Oh yeah and you probably have but:-
set your processor to run priority to background services NOT programs, increase the ammount of virtual RAM to the highest ammount you can and also make sure you keep your computer cool (hot pcu's and hot mothers can run at 30% less efficiency once it reaches a certain point). Out of interest bad man how many fans have you got in your tower, what type and size and have you got a pci slot fan?

Last edited:
well if you are not a lame, then you can press ctrl+alt+del and stop them by yourself in the real time

but if you don't know what you do then better don't do it

press START / RUN

type there "msconfig" and there you can disable every programm that starts when your computer starts

thanks 4 the links and tips people.....much appreciated....ive freed a bit more now so its all good :) thank u

Try using a freeware program named ProcessXP

It will give you extensive information on all running applications and services and quite a good visual indication graph to tell you which programs are rinsing the CPU time.

Also, you can have windows replace the normal Task Manager with ProcessXP when you ctrl+alt+del

Good program for a freebie.

Edit: Try bouncing down your synth tracks to audio instead, uses far less CPU time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom