Need this old skool priced!

Dj SmurFiE

Tha Muffin men crew
i baught a load of vinyls ages ago which had some 92-94 old skool/jungle + a load of other stuff which is slower rave/house stuff which i wana sell to buy modern jump up D&B and sum old skool/jungle.

any help would be much appreciated because my knowledge of pre 92 vinyl is limited and i dont wana be ripped off!!

These are the ones i've already priced via the net:

Artist/tune/Record label/Price

The choice / Solitude/ West side / £12
Engineers Revenge/ Time 2 Move / Detroit House / £25
Spirall / Automatic EP/ Dance Force / £10
Home boy funky dred etc. / Freedomism / Tam Tam / £8
Quadrophonia / Quadrophonia / ARS / £12
Pied Piper / We say yeah / absolute 2/ £15

Heres the ones i dont know:

Artist/tune/record label

The sound of now / volume 1 (includes its time for house) / STR 1291
Nitrous / Identify / FX
T99 / Anstasia (this is app. a rare bootleg mix)
RJ / Take me higher / Labello Blanco
outlander / psychotribe / R&S
Toni scott/ Thats how i'm living / Next plateau
New house city / money / red heat (This is a advance dj copy)
Coldcut / stop this crazy thing / Ahead of our time
Nation 12 / Beastmix / Electrofear (i think)
Cybersonik / Technarchy / Champion
Optimism / Elevation / Xpansions
Aphrohead (Felix da Housecat) / The Protechtion / three lite
G.T.O. / Pure / Go Bang!
Energize / Report to the dance floor / Network (i think)
Project one / project one are back / Rising high
Digital orgasm / running out of time / Dead dead good
Tekno Too / Jet star / Dance zone
Toy Toy / (trance dance EP) Must be the music) / Profile
out-phaze / Re-activate / Fully overloaded
Quadrophonia / The wave of the future / ARS
Meat beat manifesto / edge of no control / plat it again sam
power groove / lifestyle / boogie times (subbase studios)
Nation 12 / remember / rhythm king
A guy called gerald / FX / CBS or subscape??
cold mission/ (20 below zero EP) music is music / kickin' records
D.J P.C. (i think!) / Inssomniak / Bite
Liquid / Time to get up / XL
sub base / burnout / strangeways
Praga khan / Rave alarm / beat box
Totalis / mad as hell / Mute
The hypnotist / hardcore you know the score (remix) / rising high
Annihilate / Raw (NRG Mix) / Beatfarm

If you could help me price these it would be much appreciated, basically i dont wana be mugged off!

I bet you can get a bit more for Quadraphonia.

I'd Ebay it, you can get some right good money that way, maybe put your listed prices as reserves so you can be sure you get a bit for them

Serum said:
I bet you can get a bit more for Quadraphonia.

I'd Ebay it, you can get some right good money that way, maybe put your listed prices as reserves so you can be sure you get a bit for them

If someone wants it definitely but it does crop up quite often.. Best bet to maximise your income from these would be ebay but MAKE SURE YOU PUT AUDIO SAMPLES UP FOR ALL OF THEM.

Seen the same tune side by side go for £15 more cos it had an audio sample on ebay..

hmmmmm yea ebays always risky, i buy a lot of tunes for dead cheap on there. tbh i cant really be bothered with all this sending & shit coz im at uni (b'ham) basically this uni is full of house Dj's, so what i wana do is get these priced and flog some of them to the different students here and spend the cash on some old skool or jump up.

I was gona just sell them all for a fiver (infact i was gona send that engineers revenge one for a fiver to some guy!) until i saw sense and realized i might have some classics.

Dj SmurFiE said:
hmmmmm yea ebays always risky, i buy a lot of tunes for dead cheap on there. tbh i cant really be bothered with all this sending & shit coz im at uni (b'ham) basically this uni is full of house Dj's, so what i wana do is get these priced and flog some of them to the different students here and spend the cash on some old skool or jump up.

I was gona just sell them all for a fiver (infact i was gona send that engineers revenge one for a fiver to some guy!) until i saw sense and realized i might have some classics.

I'm in brum too and know a lot of heads into their oldskool.. Will pass this on to a couple of heads to see if they fancy anything, if not and you'r still stuck with some stuff try Mo @ Oldskool Daze on Bristol Road, Selly Oak. She'll take it off your hands, but she's got to make a profit/sit on them until someone buys them so she'll give you "realistic" prices. She's no con artist by any means, but don't expect 20s off her etc..

inf0r said:
I'm in brum too and know a lot of heads into their oldskool.. Will pass this on to a couple of heads to see if they fancy anything, if not and you'r still stuck with some stuff try Mo @ Oldskool Daze on Bristol Road, Selly Oak. She'll take it off your hands, but she's got to make a profit/sit on them until someone buys them so she'll give you "realistic" prices. She's no con artist by any means, but don't expect 20s off her etc..

alright cheers mate im at maple bank, edgbaston. im gona pop into old skool dayz tomoz just to have a lil look and that, gona try and flog some of this to the house heads at the uni and the stuff left over ill probably just sell to old skool dayz. i obviously want a bit of cash from these but at the end of the day im not gona play them so i might as well flog them at a decent price or lower price to some one whose actually gona spin it.

Dj SmurFiE said:
alright cheers mate im at maple bank, edgbaston. im gona pop into old skool dayz tomoz just to have a lil look and that, gona try and flog some of this to the house heads at the uni and the stuff left over ill probably just sell to old skool dayz. i obviously want a bit of cash from these but at the end of the day im not gona play them so i might as well flog them at a decent price or lower price to some one whose actually gona spin it.

I've sent an email to a couple of people, I'll get back to you tomorrow afternoon if they want owt from there, hold onto them till then mate.

edit: you reachin hybrid btw? only down the road from you, loads of student heads representin down there, flyer in sig..

yea mate ill check that event out, im a fresher and im just tryin' to find other old skool/D&B heads like myself, i'll mention it to my mates here and that. i think we're checkin' out stylus this saturday with micky finn (doin' a 95 dub plate set!) ss, blackmarket, mampi swift and a few others, should be good.

cheers for e'mailin' ya mates, ill keep hold of them till ya get back to me

my mate might interested in some of that

well oldskool

gto pures prob worth a bit, first gto track (later technohead)

ill send my mate a link

Dj SmurFiE said:
yea mate ill check that event out, im a fresher and im just tryin' to find other old skool/D&B heads like myself, i'll mention it to my mates here and that. i think we're checkin' out stylus this saturday with micky finn (doin' a 95 dub plate set!) ss, blackmarket, mampi swift and a few others, should be good.

cheers for e'mailin' ya mates, ill keep hold of them till ya get back to me

I'm also a resident at Pressure Drop at Forme in Brum and will be doing a 94-97 set there in the next few months so keep your eye out for that!

Back
Top Bottom