Need some tips on production

DnBnSmoke

Hi everyone, I'm trying to start making some DnB tunes and maybe become a nice producer but FL is just giving me an headache, I can't seem to manage it. Is there anything you guys think I should do to start producing DnB? Maybe I've just started with the wrong software. Maybe I've read the wrong tutorials? Sorry if this was already answered but its just way too late and I can't even open my eyes :lol: . Best regards, DnBnSmoke

Just watch tutorial videos on FL Studio and how to use it. Get used to working within it just like you would with photoshop or the likes. Start messing around in simple synths so you also start learning how to make your own sounds (even if at first they are crappy and cheesy). Practice things like creating simple bass lines, sidechain compression (done the proper way with a compressor and not fruity balance). Also work on getting drum beats to fit well with your bass line and vice versa. I also use Fl Studio and can vouch that as a work environment it's not the smoothest work flow but it is more than capable of creating some professional sounding songs once you've practiced enough.

The problem isn't the software, you just haven't found out how to use it yet.
I'm sure Luity Froops can do what you need it to, just mess about, read tons of tutorials, eat your vitamins and rub your whole body in with pure unadulterated patience!

Yeah fruity is more than capable. Alot of people slate it but thats because they have no idea what theyre talking about!

I use FL and love it

Check out Mixcraft 5

its by far the easiest to use DAW ive come across

if you cant make music with it then give up.....

hey man, not every DAW is right for everyone, if you find you cant get comfortable with fruity loops then maybe try reason or logic/cubase!!

i tried using FL and Reason both to start with but i have been using reason for 5/6 years now and never looked back its the one for me!

i have used reason for a few years and like it alot.
i bought FL a while ago and i cant get my head round it. seriuosly cant work it out at all and havent touched it since (should have tried it first my mistake)
So dont give up - try a different DAW.
download a demo of Abbleton/reason/cubase etc etc and see which one you find easiest to work with.

Thanks for all the feedback and help. Maybe the problem is that I'm trying to hop into making DnB and Dubstep with no basics learnt. I'll try reading some "LF for dummies" tutorials and maybe do some house or even some undefined tunes and maybe later (who knows some weeks into the future) I'll go forth to DnB. Thanks again. Ah ofc that if I fail I'll just do what you guys have said of searching for another software ^^

whichever daw you decide to get (i really like logic) just be aware that your not going to get good at at overnight. it takes alot of time and effort learning a daw inside out, just keep at it.

i think logic is pretty easy to understand and work with.

i also use FL and cant fathom not using it for anything. i have reason and i sort of understand it, but i always end up going back to FL and doing what took me 30 minutes in reason, in 5 minutes.

but like everybody else said, try out some other DAWs. Give Reaper a shot, i hear its easy to use.

good way to get started is dont try everything at once. beats/bass/pads/fx/mixing
You arent going to be able to do that straight away without getting pissed off.
So start small
Watch and practice tutorials on "making drum beats in yourDAW" (change yourDAW for watever u using)
then try "Making phat basslines in yourDAW" or "FX in yourDAW"
once your able to put some beats and bass together you'll get confidence and it will start to flow.
wont take long to get the basics - then u can begin...

Back
Top Bottom