DnB need some opinions

dj_freakshow

i've been trying to improve my sound, cos it's been a bit naff so far lol i went with a dark intro and made a better wobble... i know there's some rough edges but at my level i haven't a clue how to fix them lmao which is why it's pointless saying this is a work in progress, cos i've already done the best i can.. :P any feedback appreciated

https://soundcloud.com/freakshow_fonzy%2Fshadow

bulletstorm

VIP Junglist
That wobble you made is really awesome =D
after the drop I feel the track could use some higher frequenties.
I really like your snare =)

overall I feel this track could sound better, but I have no idea how you can do it.
we're at the same level I guess.

dj_freakshow

That wobble you made is really awesome =D
after the drop I feel the track could use some higher frequenties.
I really like your snare =)

overall I feel this track could sound better, but I have no idea how you can do it.
we're at the same level I guess.

thanks for listening. i tried making a pad to go over the wobble but couldn't make one energetic enough so gave up lol i also am gonna watch a few old horrors or something and try and find a suitable bit of dialogue to put over the intro... but at present just haven't got anything in mind xD

marcelkennard

Storms comin in Annie
VIP Junglist
Hey man I think the 2 main things the track needs are more clarity and possibly a different set of notes for the wobble!
The wobble sound is not far off, could do with a bit of extra niceness like more subtle modulations or some light chorus/ phasing in the highs??? maybe layer another copy of the wobble highpassed and effected?
The drums aren't too bad but need to cut through a bit more i think- make sure they are filling out the whole EQ section in the high end- distort them up a bit and possibly layer them up some more.
Get the kicks and snares really boosting strongly at 100 and 200hz (ROUGHLY) respectively too!

And with the wobble notation I think it sounds a little bland melodically just try a couple of different patterns to see what works!
Cheers

dj_freakshow

Hey man I think the 2 main things the track needs are more clarity and possibly a different set of notes for the wobble!
The wobble sound is not far off, could do with a bit of extra niceness like more subtle modulations or some light chorus/ phasing in the highs??? maybe layer another copy of the wobble highpassed and effected?
The drums aren't too bad but need to cut through a bit more i think- make sure they are filling out the whole EQ section in the high end- distort them up a bit and possibly layer them up some more.
Get the kicks and snares really boosting strongly at 100 and 200hz (ROUGHLY) respectively too!

And with the wobble notation I think it sounds a little bland melodically just try a couple of different patterns to see what works!
Cheers

nice one, will take in some more opinions and then revise it. will defo have a go at what you suggested about layering the wobble. didn't think of that >,< thanks for commenting! :)

Top Bottom