Need some more comments on my 1st Tune ever made.

Discussion in 'Production' started by iandys, Apr 23, 2009.

1. iandys

iandys Member

This is my first dnb production. It's only a beginning, a step in a new world that I have to discover. I hope i can get some comments. I made this with Reason 4. I made a liquid dnb tune. This is where I want to start. I like music of Alix Perez and now the new producer Bop. I also worked with some piano samples.
    Just have a listen, I hope you enjoy it a little.

Link:
    youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q1-HREIOog

2. SpitFire101

SpitFire101 Member

Man,I would say fatten up the sound of your drums
    Im lovin the piano vibe u have goin though
    pretty good for ure first song =)
    nice one =P

3. Kibon

Kibon Blaze It Down !

hey man , nice to see some more belgian producers around here ! nice chilly vibe in there but as said before : give your drums a more fuller sound , layer them up with , bassdrums , snares , high hats, bongo, cymbals,.... but nice one for a first time ,much better then my first tune..

4. OCR

OCR SB

I really like this. Awesome first effort.

More experimental with the drums and perhaps a nice, deep bassline would be good.

5. chris getme

chris getme Dub Logic

The pads are sick really nice atmospheres and swells. Drus need fattening up. Sections could be a bit more marked but thats just my opinion.

6. monq

monq Member

Yup, drums could improve with another second track / i.e. if you duplicate the kicks and add a bit - just a bit of rev to the second track.

Adding sidechaining - or at least a more obvious sidechaining, might pump the kick quite a lot.

Also, could I suggest adding some grit to the rythm? I use something called Cyanide - a wonderful freebie vst that will allow you to add as much grit as you desire by using envelopes. You can add it at the end of the chain in your beats, and increase / decrease the wet/dry signal to change how the rythm is perceived during the whole song...

Other than this, I loved the atmospheric pads / I tend to get tired very fast of repetitive pads, but the piano breaking the atmosphere is a wonder: I loved the four note sequence man!? If this is your first song... it will be great to listen more in the near future!!!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  7. safety

safety double safety

atmospheres are really really nice, but over shadow everything else at the moment. it could just be my old ears, but i thought the timing on the piano was a little out on some notes. bass needs to be much more prominent as well, i would recommend getting a really warm sounding sine bass that humms along with the melody because it just kind of felt like a really long intro with no drop. good stuff though, very promising

8. iandys

iandys Member

thanks a lot 4 all your comments !!!

Really appreciate this.
    I'll think I'm gonna make a little VIP of this tune :d. There are some elements that could much better. I let you know when it's finished.

Thanks guys

grtz from Belgium

9. iandys

iandys Member

hEY Man ! thanks 4 good comment! As you know I'm a beginner + I'm a dutch guy and I'm not yet that good with production terms. Can you be a little bit more specific about de sidechaining part, cyanide = sample ?, grit ??. :d
    I've already changed the drum a bit, they are more expressive now. Should I ad some more piano hits while they're breaking that atmopshere, or keep it with those 4 ?

Thanks

10. *State

*State Self confessed VW nut

thats a good effort for your first tune, cant wait to hear some more tunes from you in the coming months.

11. dar kist

dar kist KYRO

how about posting this in the right sub forum