Need some monitor advice!

kuthoerrr89

Sup guys,

I'm looking to replace my soundsystem for some monitor stuff.

Now I can't afford to buy 2 KRK monitors and a interface atm so i'm looking for a good not too expensive set.

I found the Behringer MS20 which are 2 active monitors and the KRK KNS 6400 headphones. Obviously KRK is the shit but I actually wanna 'feel' the bass instead of hearing it. Can anyone tell me how these KRK's soundlike, mostly bass-wise.

And I was hoping if anyone have any experience with the Behringer MS 20 set.

I don't wanna spend more then 120 euro, maybe you guys can recommand me something?

Thanks!

i got a pair of M-audio av40s for my frontroom to mix with. They seem to do the job perfectly for me. Bass is definitely there, mid is beautiful and the trebs are fantastic. check out some reviews. best i could find in the budget i had which was similar to yours.

but id still recommend saving for a little bit longer. decent monitors/speakers are something worth saving for. otherwise you'll find yourself a couple years down the line thinking 'hmmm....i fancy a bit more power and quality'

i got a pair of M-audio av40s for my frontroom to mix with. They seem to do the job perfectly for me. Bass is definitely there, mid is beautiful and the trebs are fantastic. check out some reviews. best i could find in the budget i had which was similar to yours.

but id still recommend saving for a little bit longer. decent monitors/speakers are something worth saving for. otherwise you'll find yourself a couple years down the line thinking 'hmmm....i fancy a bit more power and quality'

Ah sounds good, ill have a look into them.

I just need some monitors for now you know, I still live at home so i dont have a studio or whatever.

Right now im producing on a labtec 2.1 set, so you understand that ANY kind of monitoring would be a improvement!

in that case, the av40s will defo do the job for you. the soundstage on them isnt mega wide though so it does help loads to take a few minutes of testing the placement of them. i got mine either side of my decks, toed-in towards me and angled up so the sweet spot is right at my ears. i really really enjoy mixing on them.

and if you get a male to male headphone cable you can have them connected to your pc/laptop through the aux-in connection on the front at the same time as having your decks connected. makes for doing some interesting things :p

also, in the box they come in, m-audio provide all the cables you'll need and a nice little leaflet explaining loads of stuff about sound frequencies, placement, echoing. loads of stuff. really handy actually.

Yeah M-Audio monitors are quite well rated considering the ridiculously low price...I got my monitors on finance though, pay £25 a month interest free and totally worth it.

the best budget monitors ive heard are the near esi. (and i've heard alot cos i work in a pro audio shop) i'd steer clear of almost anything made by behringer

the best budget monitors ive heard are the near esi. (and i've heard alot cos i work in a pro audio shop) i'd steer clear of almost anything made by behringer

their monitors arent that bad ..

and @feeling the bass - if it isnt produced, you wont hear it which results in not feeling it ...

Honestly speaking...if you're on a small budget it's much more important, in my opinion, to reference the fuck out of it on different systems and to know the monitors/speakers you're using like the back of your hand. I've got material released that I did on Hi-Fi speakers...not the greatest admittedly, but good enough, mainly down to referencing - big system downstairs, small TV speakers, car speakers, everything...

yeah man, you got to know how the sound is gonna carry over definatly... i would personally try saving moar until you are in the 200 mark because the monitors at that level will do much better long term

You will not be "feeling the bass" with any Euro 120 monitors.

The best you can aim for is the most accurate you can get for the money.

I would truly try and save some more money as you will only have to buy twice when you realize
the limitations of cheap speakers, I know saving is not funbut you will end up with something worth
using in the long term.

Have you considered looking for a used pair off ebay, do some research about monitors and see what comes up, obviously not as good as getting a brandnew shiney pair but a good deal could be found,
I found a pair which were £600 pounds new, paid £90.
some older models or unfashionable ones go unnoticed, The ones I found were HHb Circle 5 passive, bargain

this thread came to mind as we had a <£250 speaker shootout at work. in this budget the krk rp5s were the best all round. the mackies had more bass, the tannoys more treble but the krks were just fairly even across the spectrum.

just incase anyone needs the advice

Back
Top Bottom