Need some help (rookie alert)

Pummet

So i really want to start creating my own DnB.
But i have no idea where to start.

Ive looked through the internet for ages but everything i have found are from people who know whats going on. I just need something really simple. Would be great if someone could say what kind of equipment and software i need. Not so worried about brands, just what the equipment is, if you get what i mean. Like Drum machine, mixer, decks etc.

Thanks guys!

i would say either Fruity loops studio or reason are the best places to start - they are both reasonably priced
Digital Audio Work stations that have everything you need included.

you don't need any hardware to start with.

download the demos and see which one you like.

All you need is a decent computer or laptop with plenty of memory.
Then you'll need a sequencer, this is the program you'll use to make music. As said above download
trial versions of ones like reason, cubase, fruityloops etc.
Then if you want a music keyboard (aka a midi keyboard) you'll need an external soundcard for your computer
so you can plug it in. If you are really serious then you'll need some monitors (speakers), which also plug into the soundcard.
To start out with if you're on a tight budget you can get by using headphones. A midi keyboard is also not totally essential, you
can use your mouse instead.

All you need is a decent computer or laptop with plenty of memory.
Then you'll need a sequencer, this is the program you'll use to make music. As said above download
trial versions of ones like reason, cubase, fruityloops etc.
Then if you want a music keyboard (aka a midi keyboard) you'll need an external soundcard for your computer
so you can plug it in.
If you are really serious then you'll need some monitors (speakers), which also plug into the soundcard.
To start out with if you're on a tight budget you can get by using headphones. A midi keyboard is also not totally essential, you
can use your mouse instead.

Yeah this part in bold is not particularly true, as you can buy USB - MIDI keyboards just to make it a bit cheaper and easier :)

and yeah to start out it would be easier to draw your patterns into the "piano roll" instead of buying a midi keyboard, but if you dont have any musical knowledge then the keyboard is not going to be amazingly helpful to start with.

most importantly do what dutty monster said and try out a load of different programs and see which one allows you to progress the most. Try not to pay attention to what people say is "better" for dnb production as this is completly custom to your taste and everybody uses a different set up anyway

Hey thanks a lot guys.

So ill jsut play around with these programs to try and get the hang of it.
Ill be able to create dnb with one of these programs?
THen i guess ill be able to decide for myself later if i need hardware and stuff?

Thanks again guys!

Back
Top Bottom