Need some help from you lot please....

Structure4

VIP Junglist
Basically, I am having some real writers block at the moment, I havent finished a track in about 3-4 months which is really starting to bother me. I am reasonably happy with my production level for the amount of time I have been doing it, but I can never get anything original going. I have started so many bog standard sounding rollers but I want to make something different. I listen to all different types of music for influence but still nothing, so please if you guys come across this problem like me then please let me know. I am sorry if there are already a few threads on this too. thank you!

happens to everyone once in a while, i advise you go back to your roots by listenin to some music you were into before electronic music, always think directional, when your making the beats, try to think outside the box, experiment and do things you would usually do to a specific sound, hope this helps.

happens to everyone once in a while, i advise you go back to your roots by listenin to some music you were into before electronic music, always think directional, when your making the beats, try to think outside the box, experiment and do things you would usually do to a specific sound, hope this helps.

Nice one mate, thanks very much for the reply, will do. Going to have to do some crate digging!

Get yourself a microphone, portable recorder or mobile phone with recording app, record some shit, process the f*ck out of it. :D
Find some new plugins to learn stuff about, should get you some new sounds.

Get yourself a microphone, portable recorder or mobile phone with recording app, record some shit, process the f*ck out of it. :D
Find some new plugins to learn stuff about, should get you some new sounds.

Thanks very much mate, keep on meaning to get a microphone! In terms of plugins I got sugarbytes Wow recently which is fun too, will see what else I can find, thanks very much for the reply! Will see what I can do!

When I get this I switch off completly and focus on some other things for a few weeks and then I seem to recharge and have a good studio period.

You can try a collab too which has helped me focus on the beats.

I recommend messing around with a form of synthesis that you aren't comfortable with or know little of how it works. Have a mess around with the knobs and just see what types of noises you can come up with, maybe you will stumble across an interesting sound that will inspire a track.

Or start off with something that you usually don't start off with, for example if you usually get some drums or bass going first then maybe start with a pad or something.

Thanks very much for all your help guys, really appreciate it and sorry for the late reply, big up your bad selves. Will take all into consideration.

I have a similar problem in that i struggle to finish anything, in fact ive finished 2 tracks on about 2 years that ive been concentrating on production

i think if your still learning stuff its ok

you could focus on the areas you want to improve, e.g read up on mix downs http://www.cambridge-mt.com/MixingSecrets.htm, concentrate on sound design, learn some new techniques l (like ive been experimenting with vocoders and changing around the carrier and modulator source great for reece/pads/vocals/anything)

or you could read up a bit on music theory or learn an instrument. TBH i find the time away from actually making a track spent doing something kind of productive but related can be useful :)

I have a similar problem in that i struggle to finish anything, in fact ive finished 2 tracks on about 2 years that ive been concentrating on production

i think if your still learning stuff its ok

you could focus on the areas you want to improve, e.g read up on mix downs http://www.cambridge-mt.com/MixingSecrets.htm, concentrate on sound design, learn some new techniques l (like ive been experimenting with vocoders and changing around the carrier and modulator source great for reece/pads/vocals/anything)

or you could read up a bit on music theory or learn an instrument. TBH i find the time away from actually making a track spent doing something kind of productive but related can be useful :)

Thanks very much mate, all great advice. Someone told me recently to set deadlines for yourself as well, if your struggling to finish tunes then maybe thats a good idea too. Will check that website too, thanks again matey.

Back
Top Bottom