Need some feedback on this track I'm working on...

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Sweaty Teddy, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

Basically been working on this tune, I'm quite happy with it but have only been able to listen to it with headphones because my sister has recently had a baby so can't have loud music and they aren't even my own headphones they sound quite good but I doubt they are flat frequency. So basically I just want to know if the mix sounds ok on your equipment or if I need to sort some stuff out.

2. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

3. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

allot of clicking going on, perhaps your sidechain is too fast, or maybe ur bass sounds need their envelopes tweeking, nice sounds anyway, although for me it doesnt roll the way i would expect it to, nice start tho, think u need to adjust the bass phrases to get it rolling nice, it could potentially be very fat, the actual sounds are tassssty

4. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

Thanks man, this is the first track I've made where I've resampled the bass loads so still new to the concept.
    I have not used a side chain on the bass, I understand what it is meant to do but don't know how to do it in logic, do you think side chaining the bass would help? I also havent used any envelopes yet but intend to.
    Which part of the track is clicking? Is it the part that starts 9 seconds in? If so that should be easily sorted I know what it is.
    Would you say the overall arrangment needs work or just some parts need a bit of tweeking?

5. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

The bass sounds are nice man!
    It's clicking all the way through. When you have an audio clip that starts or stops too abruptly it clicks, and it sounds like you have a bass clip or something that's doing that. Easily fixed by making sure all your clips have a short fade in and out.

Another layer of straight hats might tie the drums together a bit? Not sure if the drums are quite fitting the bassline, get the same feeling as Miszt about it not quite rolling along at the minute.

Pretty sweet tho, Keep that resampling going, sounds great.