Drum & Bass Need some ears to help me with mixdown.

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by unmd, Sep 1, 2012.

1. unmd

unmd Member

Easy!
    It's been a year that I was messing around FL studio and I found that I have only 1 fully finished track (first one:D). So, in this case I was working hard on some track, spent more like 1 week on it, so can someone help me with adjusting volume levels and stuff, cus my ears are kinda tired. :)
    It is only an intro, won't give you drop at the mo, cus basses are still not ready.
    Also, no sweeps added at the mo

2. hentzz

hentzz Member

volume levels sound ok to me. just add more groove to beat. those hihats till 0:23 sound to straight imo. good luck!

3. unmd

unmd Member

Yeh yeh, it's a lil bit too simple but I'm working on some atmospheric sounds. Breakshift wannabe haha ^^. Will try to do something about those shakers

4. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

from what i can hear the mix seems pretty dope! and yeah the shakers could do with a little more variation, maybe mess with the velocity and pitch them slightly up and down, can i ask how you made those nice atmospheric pads! hard as hell mate!

5. unmd

unmd Member

Well, from the beginning.
    Main pad was made in Sytrus, just played around knobs and velocity, then processing in the mixer + sidechaining to kick+snare.
    The very first FX comes with soundpack. Also, melody that comes with shakers is not mine. However, I processed dem hard to get effect I wanted. :p
    Second FX comes from 3xOsc with 5 automation effects on it + LFO's.
    Hi-passed lead is from 3xOsc too.
    People underestimate 3xOsc so much!
    I want to replace that ready melody, not satisfying for me to use shit someone made, it was used only to give track some space so I could focus on different aspects :p

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012