Need some advice on starting up an idependent label

elmaruk

slannndaaaaaaar
VIP Junglist
Record Label name rights,
How do they work?

Basically i have had this crazy idea that i want to start a record label. Can any one give me some tips or send me in the right direction for starting out in the business.

You need to put in a lot of work and don't expect to make a lot of money. Then you need to decide what kinda sound you wanna go for. Do you have a label name? How will you do it? Who will play your music? How will you promote? Who will master your music? Who will distribute your music? Who will take care of the money side of things? Who will do A&R? How will people know to send you music? How will people know that they can trust you? Have you got a contract? If someone asks you all of this will you be able to answer them with a confident, quick reply?

Last edited:
you need to contact some people who are in charge of "record companys" and get a certain type of licensce which you will need to be recognised, It's an important piece of paper, and I can't remember for the life of me who the fuck will give it to you,

Get your tracks professionally mastered, otherwise there is a high chance they will not sound
great. I work with a number of D n B artists and labels and you want to aim to a degree for a consistently high quality
output to be taken seriously.

cheers

Yeh i think you need to promote very well this days there are lots of upcoming labels; people need to see appearing the names of the label and artists everywhere, and it has to be notable, so they remember it well
Good luck mate :)

if you aint 500% serious about it .. then dont even think about doing it ...or chances are you have decreased music sales by 0.23% by every year you ask these questions and start labels in. think about the time from the industry you are taking. there are approximatly 2381 drum and bass labels already each one of them has decreased sales by so much unless they are part of the major five. so you need to ask yourself are you a man or a monkey?

Back
Top Bottom