Need some advice from you dnb heads

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by kuthoerrr89, Apr 16, 2011.

1. kuthoerrr89

kuthoerrr89 Member

Sup guys,

I'm working on my first dnb track (actually 2nd but this one is all custom made?) and I need your advice.

This is what im working on:

I would like to know what you guys think of the quality of the clip. Also, how do you exactly make a dnb track have character? I find it very hard to produce dnb, melody wise without it getting repetative and boring.

Let me know!

2. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

I think that's something that just takes time to develop. dunno

3. Nautilus

Nautilus Member

Drums leading up sound noice. As for melodies, try to be more soulful. Tony coleman says it better than anyone, dnb is fast soul music. While it is an open-ended genre (jungle is), the most interesting tunes usually aren't four-bar four-note anthems. Try mixing up the length of notes, patterns, sidechaining, etc.

Try listening to more dnb and pick out exactly what your favorite artists do.

Wilkinson, MRSA, and Grafix are some of my biggest inspirations.

4. StrifeII

StrifeII Member

Yup. how do you put your own personal print on a track? that's where true talent is.

5. kuthoerrr89

kuthoerrr89 Member

Cheers guys, I will experiment more. I listen to alot of liquid lately, especially Netsky, love his work!