need new needles... recomendations please!

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
as per title... both my needles are pretty F'd in the A, on some tunes they will always skip the first two bars at the very begining of a record, and reloads.... well they just bounce all over the place!

anyways, what can people recomend as well priced (bearing in mind tough economic times and all that!), all rounder type needles... currently have the hanger and cartridge type, but was thinking of getting them all in one types?

this is my first time bying needles so ALL advice welcome! cheers :D :clown:

as per title... both my needles are pretty F'd in the A, on some tunes they will always skip the first two bars at the very begining of a record, and reloads.... well they just bounce all over the place!

anyways, what can people recomend as well priced (bearing in mind tough economic times and all that!), all rounder type needles... currently have the hanger and cartridge type, but was thinking of getting them all in one types?

this is my first time bying needles so ALL advice welcome! cheers :D :clown:

I dont know much about needles, but i have a set of Stanton discmasters and also the ofton cncorde. But i only use the orftons when i am not using my digital vinyl system.

Matty_C

ortophon concorde are you best bet....
dnt get the stanton diablo's 'cos their shite,
shure white label are pretty good, long lasting and really good sound

ok... let me rephrase that, what are good needles and cartridges for about £20 quid each, maybe £50 a pair?

u get what u pay for.
£20 a set? u WILL need to replace them after a very short period of time costing u more money in the long run.
A lot of people will say get the concorde jobbies. i dont think there is anything wrong with them but personally i dont like them at all. especially the cheap imatation ones. each to their own!
i'd recomend some shure whitelabels but they are outside ur budget, or go for the shure m447's .. £75 a pair most places.

Shure M-447, u will never need to buy needle ever again fact.

Good recommendation except they sound shite. They're only any good for scratching. Get yourself a pair of Shure M35Xs; £69 a pair (same as 44-7s), they sound nearly as good as Whitelabels but track better, and they're tough.

Good recommendation except they sound shite. They're only any good for scratching.

^^ too true... Ive got a pair of Shure M44-7s and a pair of blue ortofon concordes, the concordes are in a completely different league sound quality wise. Maybe have a look at the headshell mount ortofons as a cheaper alternative to concordes.

s_ortofon.jpg

http://www.jbsmusic.co.uk/view/1696/

I've been eyeing the Numark Scratch Perverts Sig Series for myself. They're direct mount just like the Ortofon Concordes and go for 40 pounds a piece or $80 usc.

Back
Top Bottom