Need Help

Discussion in 'Production' started by Strobe, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Strobe

Strobe New Member

So this is my second go at producing Dnb and have managed to make a nice beat and bassline. But now i'm stuck and I have no clue what other synths or stuff to add. Anyone please give me some help and some advice on what I should add?

Here's the bit iv'e made so far:

2. Nautilus

Nautilus Member

To be honest, its going to have to be a stylistic choice you make. I usually have a general idea for what i want as a sound (single plucked lead, sidechained pad lead, arppegio'd lead) and just cycle until i find a good preset, then fiddle with the vst until it is interesting and unique enough.

If you don't have many vst's yet, or can't find something you like, just start with a basic delayed/reverb piano. Figure out notes/beat/pattern for your melody. You can always switch the instrument if it doesn't fit.

3. Strobe

Strobe New Member

thanks mate, downloading a free piano vst called 4front. ill try what you said and put a little bit of reverb on it and make a melody

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

okay so i jst added a piano with reverb and it sounds quality. thanks for the advice. this is how it sounds now:

4. sten360

sten360 Member

Try a higher octave for the piano and throw in some pads.