Need help with (neuro) pad stabs

Nucleoid

Nucleoid Drum & Bass
Hi guys,

I'm working on a remix and I really really want some proper stabs in it.
An example would be this:
from 0:55 onwards there are some crazy low and fast stabs, and I just need to know how to make them!!

I thought it was one or more saw waves and then a downward slope envelope over a lowpass frequency, but I just can't get it right..
Any ideas!?

Thanks in advance!
Q

Last edited by a moderator:

This remix is going to be even bigger ;) Anyway I read that thread and another too, but I just can't seem to find any decent method to get the stabs right..
I made some automations on the lowpass freq and I'm really close, but the low stabs like this... no man can recreate it it seems :(

Mefjus really nailed it I guess, or I'm looking at it from the wrong angle. Maybe he uses samples in stead of pads..

At the moment I have a sub punch, a pad with lpf automation and a short dry reverb, layered with a plop from a kicksample (so the first 10 ms) and a reverberized hat for highness..

So much work to get a sound you'll be hearing once or twice every 8 bars... :(

^^^

from remembering cartels thread (monitors are plugged into the other pc ;) )

heres what i got: http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/23947850/file.html

its just a massive with a reece and a scream filter. theres an envelope on it for that first oomph, just opening the otherwise nearly fully closed cutoff and then a saw lfo on top of it to give it that ending sound.

processing wise everything below 300 is cut, some chorus and reverb to taste, compress it and youre done.

ive layered a sine underneath it which is pitched up a bit when it hits to give it that kick'y feel.

hope thats what you needed :)

np. post an audio example when youre done! :)

I already finished the track before i read this, but i was planning on making a song like the one i showed above in the vid, so I'll definitely try out your method soon! ;)

I'll release the song in 2 weeks or so for free, you'll see it on the forum :D

Back
Top Bottom