need help with monitor hiss issues

Discussion in 'Production' started by msmith222, Jun 27, 2011.

1. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

okay, so when i connect an external display to my computer, i get some hiss/crackle/pop from my monitors. it's very slight, but i would like to be rid of it. it is a 2009 macbook pro connected to krk rokit 8s via an apogee one interface. i connect the displays through the minidisplay port. any ideas what could cause this? google says my problem is too specific.

2. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

hmm - try and make sure that your signal cables dont lie over your power cables.
    If they have to cross try and make them cross at 90 degrees.
    Could be you have a noisy display m8 - try moving the display away and see if hiss dissapears.

3. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

do you hear the hissing when it is running on battery only? if not, then its probly a ground loop sumwhere along the way, u'll need to get a groundloop tool from somewhere like maplins (essentially a power or cable adapter), but signal crossover is the first thing to check, try shielded cables if you have any aswell as jimjimjims suggestions

4. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

FTW! nice one, totally solved with a little grounded plug adapter for the monitor. now i can use my 27" of goodness! thanks!