need help with making dnb beat

ericeman

can someone upload a flp of a basic dnb beat constructed. im having problems making one in fl studio. i guess i could watch some youtube tutorials but if anyone has some time on their hands i would greatly appriciate it :) thanx

You really should just go to youtube dude. There's step by step guides for everything on there, even how to wipe your own arse if you searched hard enough!

What motive would anyone have to write a beat, then hand it over to you?

snare and hats are to fast to pick up what they are doing. the technique of the dnb beat is what im trying to get down. im just listening to music and trying to get a better feel for what i want to make. illl get it, its just a lot different then a house beat :)

k h s h h ks h

kick, hihat and snare

simple enough?

I'll make a tutorial for you buddy, put in your requests I'll do it this week

k..................k
.......s.................s
h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

ta naaaaa

or just youtube it

It's not only knowing where to put em, but the dynamics of them is important too. Sometimes (depending on what software you use) the hi hat/cymbals/precussion is slightly muted to get a dynmaic feel to it by itself, but I try not to let that happen because it gives it a better feel if you can get the dynamics right in addition to what the software is doing. This takes quite a bit of practise but gives you good results if you do it right.
If you find some good production vid's on youtube, post 'em here, I'm sure poeple will be appreciative!
Thanks

Last edited:
A would put a kick on the 1st and 11th
A snare on 5& 13 th
And messing around with the cymbals, hihats, rides, ect.
Just try out and make things You like ;)

Seriously, how can someone go from asking how to write a basic DnB beat, to writing a remix that has a quadrillion comments on it in under 1 week??

I must be doing something drastically wrong!

Seriously, how can someone go from asking how to write a basic DnB beat, to writing a remix that has a quadrillion comments on it in under 1 week??

I must be doing something drastically wrong!

Maybe he was into other music before?...

he must be famous or something and we must be so fucking underground and we still don't know about it.

so being underground is not even having a clue about who's on the high spheres? lol...

in his myspace

STARTED PRODUCING FEB. OF 2010. JUST LEARNIN, AND HAVING FUN! MUSIC IS MY LIFE! :D

man we must be doing something really really wrong... the key are the remixes imo...

Last edited:
thanks for the support. im just trying to do my thing like all of ya'll, keep your eyes open because you never know who your talking to or what they are capable of. talent is everywhere

Back
Top Bottom