Multi Genre Need help with a synth

mexovff

I 've been trying to make a lead synth half way between Pendulum 's Slam and salt in the wounds with no success. Here 's a video of rob SWIRE telling the basics of the how he made it at 8:50

I've just tried some detuned sawtooths with a lowpass filter and the cutoff at max using albino3, Z3TA , and REVEAL SOUND SPIRE with some EQ but can't get it right.

Thank you very Much for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find myself wanting to recreate the sounds of my favorite artists often. But I keep telling myself that's not what my music is about: it's all about exploring and finding new sounds.

I'd suggest finding your own sound. I find it easier, funner, and more educational. Also, people will care about YOUR sound, not if you can make a sound someone else has already made

I find myself wanting to recreate the sounds of my favorite artists often. But I keep telling myself that's not what my music is about: it's all about exploring and finding new sounds.

I'd suggest finding your own sound. I find it easier, funner, and more educational. Also, people will care about YOUR sound, not if you can make a sound someone else has already made

I agree, but mixing-wise, I'm still trying to figure out how Swire gets his drums to hit so hard. Even to this day, years after Pendulum, I haven't still heard any jump up tracks that would have that same sort of punch. There are some close ones tho.

Trying to recreate something for me always ends in something new and completely different. Even if watching some tutorial, I will be missing whatever plugins or synth they used. So I just improvise and experiment with what I have, which ends up in something new which I might not have come to without trying to recreate something I heard.

Trying to recreate something for me always ends in something new and completely different. Even if watching some tutorial, I will be missing whatever plugins or synth they used. So I just improvise and experiment with what I have, which ends up in something new which I might not have come to without trying to recreate something I heard.

SOMEONE FUCKING GETS IT!!!!

Back
Top Bottom