Need help starting out with dnb.

Blunt-Trauma

Hey ive been producing now for about a year with cubase, I have worked alot in dance music especially hardcore.
But i am eager to try my had at drum and bass, the only VST's that i have and use at the moment are nexus2 and V-station,

I would like it if you could reccomend some VST for drum and bass basslines ect.
And if you could link me to some free break loops and tutorials that would be nice.

Thanks.

Hey ive been producing now for about a year with cubase, I have worked alot in dance music especially hardcore.
But i am eager to try my had at drum and bass, the only VST's that i have and use at the moment are nexus2 and V-station,

I would like it if you could reccomend some VST for drum and bass basslines ect.
And if you could link me to some free break loops and tutorials that would be nice.

Thanks.

For Basslines i would recommend NI Massive, FM8 (if you are familiar with FM synthesis) or Albino 3. You can download the demos and take a look on these amazing vst's...

the loops an the tutorials you get easy with a search in this forum, on dogsonacid or just via google...

for bass i reccommend a sub which i know v-station can do beautifully. so get yourself a 24 bit wav of apache, work out a sturdy break, write a heavy sub bassline and do a string arrangement. its a good idea for a first dnb project.

Hey man welcome to the forum :)

I have been listening to hardcore quite a bit recently, share some tracks ;)

I have been producing for about 7 months now and my word of advice if you want to make D&B is to stick around this forum. Great bunch of people all willing to help you in any area of production. Be it improving percussion or writing better melodies :)

I also say to make the use of Drum Breaks. I never used Drum Breaks but since my introduction to breaks my tracks have been a lot better. If you don't have any breaks someone here shared a whole load with me a few weeks back, can post the link if you need it :)

Jordan

Back
Top Bottom