Need Help Please

dj-dusty

VIP Junglist
Hi people, i was just wondering if you guys could lend an ear and help me out.

Ive been working on this track and i have pretty much what i want but i cant seem to get the drop to drop with enough impact.

Ive tryed keeping things in the intro lower in volume, ive tryed compression settings but cant seem to get it right so i thought maybe one of you guys could give it a listen and maybe tell me where im going wrong.

http://soundcloud.com/deejaydusty/dusty-human-error-v2

i think the drop is pretty good!
maybe try adding uplifting sounds and some synth that pitches up and suddenly stops before the drop to build up more energy. The bassline could be slightly louder but thats all.
How did you make that cool "synthy" sounds in the drop?

I did have more build ups but it got a bit too much lol, I'm trying to go for the less is more sound.

The main synth on the drop is a patch I made on massive, it's mainly a notch filter routed to an LFO

That drop is nice. You might be over thinking it a bit. In my opinion, I think the intro drums are a little to low. I think the 2db rule would work fine. Thats just my un educated opinion haha.

2 db drop at the intro and breakdowns its enough that you cant tell and its after compression,(if your compressing the shite out of it)

Back
Top Bottom