Need help picking a Midi keyboard

Jermaine Portelli

hey guys sorry if this has already been posted I want to jump into the world of music production. I was wondering if any one had any recommendations on a good first keyboard, I got no idea where to start. Thankyou!

This has been posted indeed, alot actually. In the upper right corner there is a search function, you'll find some good threads.

The gear changes day by day...ive got M-audio Axiom 49 (v.2? the black one) lately..good keyboard, nice feeling and responding pads (8 is enought i am not Araab Muzik)..good semi weight keys, solid gear i think...

The M-Audio Axiom is quite a common one I've noticed amongs many producers. It's also the one I own and use too although I have the mark I version. It's a solid keyboard with semi-weighted keys, but then this is more of an importance if feel is your thing and if you benefit from a slight realism of keys when playing. Size is a factor and if you just need one to trigger sound in general and play a few notes/chords, and or you have space limitations, then you can get away easily with using a smaller one. These would be the cheaper option too. I have the 49 key one which I prefer though. There are some rotary and fader controls on these keyboard and a few pads. I personally don't use them much though even though they are likely quite useful. I've never gotten into using controllers enough anyway as I tend to use the mouse, but I wouldn't discourage that at all and often wish I'd force myself to get into it more. I own a Kaoss pad and wouldn't mind setting this up one day to use with Cubase as a controller.

Back
Top Bottom