Need help on making drum'n'bass

Discussion in 'Production' started by PreDistor, Aug 7, 2007.

1. PreDistor

PreDistor HPCL

Hello,

I need some sites or e-books on making music like breakbeat, jungle or
    drum'n'bass. I need to know what drums, bassline and melodies i have to include
    in each song theme, what speed it should be, where to download samples (loops
    and one-shots) etc. I've been messing with FL last 2 weeks so basically I'm a beginner and i already made a one song with my friend(http://www.zone.ee/extender/P-Distor&Snackwell - Clown Clan[Demo].mp3) but that isn't that what i would like to do. I would like to do something what sounds familiar with Concord Dawn or something like that.
    Oh and sorry about my English lol. It's not perfect.:drums:

2. JAGZ

JAGZ Well-Known Member

1st that track was ok drums were nice wasnt really feelin the pad n riff. Basically dnb is what u make it, bpm 4 me is 170 people go lower or higher, u need 2 listen 2 plenty ov dnb av it 4 breakfast lunch & dinner mayb even a midnight snack, shop around find synths n drums u like the feel of and work with them. Cubase is the program u need if u wona get serious steinberg.com and try out nativeinstruments.com for the synths and drum samplers.

Hope the info is usefull bro.

3. Treazon

Treazon Myriad Abstruse

If you are a beginner I would recommend starting off with either Reason or Fruity Loops... they are a lot more user friendly than Cubase and such, and allow you to understand whats going on and learn while you're producing.

Always A & B your beats, i.e. listen to a drum beat from a commercially released tune that you really like and try and get your beats to sound like that. Once you've got the beats sorted, everything will follow...

There's loads of threads like this anyway so just search for what you want to know from the home page.

4. dar kist

dar kist KYRO

yea i agree, reason is wicked for learning, i knew nothing when i brought reason, it showed me alot, then go on to logic if you have a mac!! but yea man you need to listen to alot of drum and bass, then just make your own version of it, as long as its around 160bpm to 180bpm has drums and has alota bass, you'll be on the right track

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member