NEED HELP IN LOGIC PRO 9, SMALL IRRITATING PROBLEMS.

alcaponeuk

so i made the move to logic but im on the verge of smashing my computer up the wall, everythings been cool for a while but i got a couple niggley things which really piss me off, for some weird reason as the cursor icon changes as im doing different tasks, when ive finished the task or whatever i was doing, for example stretching a midi note, the icon of the cursor remains the same instead of changing back to the little arrow, crazy irritating when im trying to do something precise afterwards, also i alt+drag drop my samples to copy paste them, and for some reason its started dropping all my samples automatically like 5 bars to the right when i let go instead of moving them where i want , am i doing something typical and silly that i have no clue about or is my software fucked

...if it is legit, what are your system specs (Mac model/year, processor, OSX). Also, does this occur with every project you're working in, or does this particular project contain a load of 3rd party plugins?

make sure you are not on xfade or shuffle -- smart works best for me. also just assign what the arrow does. or you could just hit the escape button all the time to choose what u want.

**** i have had this problem for a while --- every sample i drop into my project always gets pitched up by a few semitones and sometimes by a whole octave. this happens on 2 diff machines. one in college and on my own machine. i run logic 9.8 express and the college machine runs pro 9.7 i think. i saw some big producer post about the same prob on twitter a few weeks ago. most people suggested it could be the bit rate.
anyone else experience this? i have loads of free time so i might consider learning ableton. i tried it once in college and was amazed by the warping function. i personally think its way better than logics.

sorry for the hijack :/

If they're apple loops (or logic compatible wavs [can't think of the name right now]) they'll shift to the bpm of the project and obviously change the pitch. If you've got a programe like audio finder you can export them out to a standard wav before import to maintain the pitch. or just find out the bpm of the loop and open a new project and bounce it out like a standard wav.

Back
Top Bottom