Need For Mirrors - Wood & Water EP [V Recordings] b2b Predict Which Label NFM Releases On Next

to make things a little interesting, this thread officially serves as a place for us forum dwellers to guess where Need For Mirrors will release next, since we all love predicting and speculating things :teeth:

credits to @jmzmaloney for the idea (y)
https://dnbforum.com/threads/forthcoming-full-cycle.193109/#post-1591931

This year we've seen the man have tunes out on Fokuz, Celsius, Warm Communications, Horizons, Blu Mar Ten, Inneractive, Function, Full Cycle, CIA and with this 4 track EP V Recordings

to make things a little interesting, this thread officially serves as a place for us forum dwellers to guess where Need For Mirrors will release next, since we all love predicting and speculating things :teeth:

credits to @jmzmaloney for the idea (y)
https://dnbforum.com/threads/forthcoming-full-cycle.193109/#post-1591931

This year we've seen the man have tunes out on Fokuz, Celsius, Warm Communications, Horizons, Blu Mar Ten, Inneractive, Function, Full Cycle, CIA and with this 4 track EP V Recordings

I'll kick things off, I reckon the next release will be on Shogun.

Most overrated producers in the game, 90% of their tunes are just plain boring and I have already forgotten about them two tunes afterwards in a mix.
IMO of course

Looks like the label stopped when HLZ left
Shame, i loved the artsy concept (they also had an image blog) and 'Valentino' is my favorite NFM tune.

Most overrated producers in the game, 90% of their tunes are just plain boring and I have already forgotten about them two tunes afterwards in a mix.
IMO of course
He has a huge output. A lot of it is very track-like. Maybe they are meant very much as dj tools ?

He has a huge output. A lot of it is very track-like. Maybe they are meant very much as dj tools ?
This, his tracks are purely dancefloor. TBH, I'm only feeling M.I.A on this EP, just needed an excuse to get a thread going for the predictions and talk about his prolific output.

As for HLZ, he's much less prolific, I really like this tune on Peer Pressure

My guess is he has so many releases on different labels because he runs this DnB night in London. What was it called again ?
EDIT: Its 'Soul In Motion'.

When it comes to his V output, he really tries to give the old bristol sound a modern update. Some of his beats have that stepping vibe Krust and Roni used to do, and 'Pelican' was a really good emulation of
that jazz-neuro thing Optical did for V.

My guess is he has so many releases on different labels because he runs this DnB night in London. What was it called again ?
EDIT: Its 'Soul In Motion'.

When it comes to his V output, he really tries to give the old bristol sound a modern update. Some of his beats have that stepping vibe Krust and Roni used to do, and 'Pelican' was a really good emulation of
that jazz-neuro thing Optical did for V.

NFM is Mosus and he has so many releases on different labels because he's been in the scene for ages and knows everyone.
regarding his tracks, it's too much of the same for me personally but never really bothered him or the labels he releases. There are some gems in there like DFTF & Pitchfork but mostly his collabs that I like. Solo stuff I used to skip tbh.

Yeah, I agree about Integral being next...and I'd love to see him on Spearhead. Huge lol about people marking him as "overrated", it's actually quite the opposite. "Hurts" is this year's anthem, same as "Imperial" was. Really simple, yet effective. He definitely has his own sound, but it's great to see him changing it slightly to fit whichever label he's currently releasing on.

And for the record, DFTF is probably the dullest tune he's ever done imo, never really understood the appeal of that particular piece as everyone seems to rate it and always mention it whenever NFM name pops out.

I like Hurts. I also like Lithograph with Concord Dawn on Warm Comms. Two of his best this year.

And also, I forgot to mention two more labels he has released on this year, can anyone of you guys guess which it is, along with the tune? :D

wow, just looked into this...check out all the labels he has released on (minus the 'featured on a mix on a label' labels like Hospital and Fabric):
31 Recordings
Advance//d Recordings
Blu Mar Ten
Celsius Recordings
Channel 82
Chronic
CIA
CIA DeepKut
Clear Skyz
Commercial Suicide
Digital Soundboy
Dispatch Recordings
Dispatch LTD
DSM
Estate Recordings
Eternia
Fokuz Recordings
Footprints
Flexout Audio
FTM
Full Cycle
Function
Horizons Music
Hospital
Inneractive Music
Integral Records
Liquid V
Metalheadz
METHXX
Nu-Directions
Philly Blunt Records
Playaz Recordings
Play:music
Product
Rebel Instinct
Samurai Music
Samurai Red Seal
Shogun Audio
SGN:LTD
Siren Records
Soul:r
Spearhead Records
Subtronix
Symmetry Recordings
Uprising
V Recordings
Warm Communications
Yabai 84 Records
Zoltar

that is pretty impressive. I, for one think his tracks are hit-and-miss (still love Greazy), but no one can deny that that is one impressive lists of labels, and I challenge anyone to find a D&B artist that has released on more...

Last edited:
wow, just looked into this...check out all the labels he has released on (minus the 'featured on a mix on a label' labels like Hospital and Fabric):
Advance//d Recordings
Blu Mar Ten
Celsius Recordings
Channel 82
Chronic
CIA
CIA DeepKut
Clear Skyz
Commercial Suicide
Dispatch Recordings
Dispatch LTD
DSM
Fokuz Recordings
Footprints
Flexout Audio
FTM
Full Cycle
Function
Horizons Music
Inneractive Music
Integral Records
Liquid V
Metalheadz
METHXX
Nu-Directions
Philly Blunt Records
Playaz Recordings
Play:music
Rebel Instinct
Samurai Music
Samurai Red Seal
Shogun Audio
SGN:LTD
Siren Records
Soul:r
Spearhead Records
Symmetry Recordings
V Recordings
Warm Communications
Yabai 84 Records
Zoltar

that is pretty impressive. I, for one think his tracks are hit-and-miss (still love Greazy), but no one can deny that that is one impressive lists of labels, and I challenge anyone to find a D&B artist that has released on more...
You geek. Top effort, only, you missed one label. It's also one of the two labels in my previous post. Let's test your inner strength.

And everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom