Need feedback on liquid dnb track!

Subdynamix

Hi!
I need feedback on my dnb track, see if there is room for improvement?
Couple of things i need to point out on the track.
1)does the piano riff sound ok at 2'50s?
2)Do the crashes sound ok, put a bit of reverb on them?
3)Is there to much high freq on the dnb loop, i have put a 4band EQ to on the loop?
Any feedback apprciatted..

http://soundcloud.com/ultrapulse/far-away

Intro is nice and atmospheric, there's a problem with the drums though, when you slice drums out of a loop they have parts of cymbals over them that were in the loop [I don't know if you did this, or the samples were just like this]. This makes the drums feel discontinued and block your general flow. Try building up your drumloops from single hits and then only use loops or loop cuts to fill frequencies. It gets better after the drop but you still have certain parts where it doesn't sound right. The above might look like a lot of critics but I really have nothing to say about the rest of the track, it sounds really good except from some drum parts :D
1) No problem 2)If you mean the cymbals on top of your loop cuts, reverb could help a little, but try doing as I told you before. 3) Nope , not at all :)

Keep up the good work!

Thx for the feedback. This is the only way i can improve on the track, by getting feedback and suggestions..
Horace are u talking about the drum loop in the intro? the drum loop was done using the impulse on ableton from scratch. I will improve on the intro drum loop. and repost the song when i have.
Do the crashes need more reverb or delay on them?

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

Fishy when u mention change up the botes at 2'39". What do u mean by that?

I didn't know wether it was a loop or built from scratch , but it's basically the same, the crashes/open hihat sounds are layered upon your kick/snare which sounds like it's cut and you constantly expect it to have a continuous pattern (; Lookin forward to your finished production btw :D

nice intro, good hi pass modulation. beats are pretty decent to me, bass could use a bit more drive i think. everything else sounds nice and balanced. the main drop is really nice, i like how it sort of stumbles back in.

Loved how the drop was subtle. Not much of a drop but it was still real nice.
Liked the sax, gave it a nice feel as well. But the piano might need a little high freq's uping.
Nice tune man, a little distorting when the beat hits hard on the drops.
Great production,
keep it up
Steve

Back
Top Bottom