Need expert help.

AuGsY

DJ apprentice
Ok im looking to purchase a new cd player as well as a new mixer to upgrade my equipment. Right now i have 2 numark tt200's and a fairly low end numark mixer. One of customer service reps at the local record store directed me to a Denon DN 1500 mixer and the pioneer cdj - 800 CD deck which is basically the max i could spend. I am wondering if these are good choices and i was also told that the sound quality on this mixer would be much clearer then on my old numark mixer. Any ideas welcome:antitank:

Do you really need a 4 channel mixer? Its a good one but it is fairly high end - suitable for clubs. Doesnt match your decks - but you can always change them later. This Denon will probably be a jump in sound quality. That said, you can buy an excellent two channel or three channel mixer for less.

The CDJ is fine as a player but its expensive compared to the competition. Just about any other player in its price range has more features. You can find cheaper ones that do the same, Numark, Denon, etc.

I think the rep is steering you to the expensive options rather than the best (for you) ones.

hey theres nothing wrong numarks they work fine for me as far as the mixer goes i would rather spend a little more now for quality equipment i will most likely be buying a 2nd cd deck at some point anyways so might as well get the 4 channel

I can recommend the CDJ 800, I have one and it's a great deck. Like Dustek says though, you could probably get something else chaper that's just as good :)

ya most likely I just hate buying equipment then wanting to upgrade a short while later, thanks for the advice tho. :rave:

The CDJ 800 isn't an awesome cd deck, you can find better decks for the same price or same decks for cheaper.

The mixer is fine and you'll have it a long time.

The Numarks... hmm, perhaps some Vestax PDXs would be better?

Back
Top Bottom