Need advice on where to go from here...

Silent Union

(original post was in the wrong forum, sorry for that)

Hello, first off I'm new to these forums, so hi. I like sunny walks on the beach (provided the beachsands are rumbling with bass!!! :evil:)

Anyway, I'm a fairly new producer of dnb. I was introduced to the genre from a friend who is a dnb dj. Locals seem to like what I write so far, but I also live in a mid-sized town in a remote part of Canada (which doesn't have a big music background). I was wondering about getting some feedback from you guys, who likely know a lot more than me about the genre. :lol:

Basically, is there anything I can do to take my stuff to the next level? One thing I do realise (and I'm working on it) is I might put a little too many ideas into the song, but I'll leave that for you guys to decide.

http://soundcloud.com/silent-union/

My most popular song seems to be "If You Were Here".

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I thank you guys in advance for any opinion, positive or negative.

-Silent Union

You have some pretty good tunes,nice atmosphere,agree that you need more work on mixdown on some elements in your track,but being fairly new dnb producer this sounds great..Btw i liked Mindless Madness and This Robot Suit Doesn't Fit Very Well.Keep up the good work...

Thanks guys! It's nice to hear that some things are good. I'm currently working on new tracks that, hopefully will get better. It's a process.

Anyone know of any good mixdown tutorials? I've seen a few since writing those, but I want to be sure I'm learning the right stuff.

That's some long songs, have to follow and listen later.

Really like The Forgotten Empire, that house bit is quite funky if oddly off-centre.

haven't even listened to the tune yet, but you should go dark and heavy
cause i like it that why, no buts! yes butts!
and to get to the next level there's no such thing better than practicing!

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

and i listened to your tunes ;)

Keep doing your own thing. And keep posting here. I am curious to see what you sound like in a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom