need a new dj name too

www.djsassy.com

for more info

site has just been uploaded, read her bio

stupid thing is, a week ago i bought djsassy.net, and .com was available, now this one has turned up, so my domain name has totally gone to waste

cant think of a name, its 3am, im fucked off, had an argument with my bloke over it, my domain name is useless now, ugh

so, anyway, any ideas would be appreciated

J

Jester

u could always take her site out until she changes her name...

*not-that-I-would-be-associated-with-any-illegal-practices-on-the-net-ever* **cough**

...but its probably worth it

hehe Jester, think I'll pass on that one :)

Wondered about the net till 4am, look at different variations of Sarah (they didnt have Sarah-Louise fs) and the italian version was Serita..what ya reckon?

Caution

dnbforum.com
VIP Junglist
I wouldn't worry about it too much Sass. Theres loads of people within different scenes that have the same name as someone in another scene. Take some people in the Garage scene for instance. I even saw a flyer for a house night the other day with Miss SS and Daisy on it. Hardly one million miles away from there drum and bass counterparts.

Thats why I chose Caution when I found that my previous name had been used by a London dj. He was on flyers while I was not so I had to change it to something else as I was ready to make a push onto the scene. Nobody would be stupid enough to call themselves Caution, right?. lol.

The only problem that I can see arising from this is if she has the name under copyright which could be possible if shes in with Trevor Nelson.

exactly!

If she was some dj in the country that wasnt sooo well known, then yeh, Sassy is my RL name, and I'd stick with it

but this one is already established, and well known, not just as a DJ, as a model too, shes with mr nelson, shes in mags, on telly, im just not gonna have the same name as her, i dont want too, imo, i'd look like a rip off merchant

its fucked me off, i wont lie, but im not being forced to change my name, i want to..glad somone else understands ;)

Caution

dnbforum.com
VIP Junglist
Sassy said:
but this one is already established, and well known, not just as a DJ, as a model too, shes with mr nelson, shes in mags, on telly, im just not gonna have the same name as her, i dont want too, imo, i'd look like a rip off merchant
Can she mix though?.

Or is she just something better to look at than Trevor Nelson behind the decks. Throwing on one unmixed tune after the other. Anyone can do that.

Would quite like to hear her actually.

yeah, true

parrently she dj'd for mr p diddy aswell (what a wanky name that is lol)

whether shes good or not, shes established and known...thats enough for me ;)

i outclass her :p

anyway..

came up with a new name after all

looked on another site which gave name meanings, looked for meanings that involved music, or traits of my personality, and Ive plumped for Levia meaning "combine forces" I'll be combining tunes together, forces of dance...etc..with me?..mmmkay

anyway, its Levia, I've made up my mind after 12 hours of looking ;)

J

Jester

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Hehhe, DJ names, I've had my fair share!

Galaxy, qbase, Syntax, impulz, and now SDM!

I thought using my initials is a good way of creating a name that is unique.

At the end of the day, DJ names don't really matter at all.

For instance, Mampi Swift, now if I went up to my mates and said.. 'Lads, I got a new DJ name... Mampi Swift', I'm sure they'd call me gay and say it's a crap name. However, the man Mampi Swift has skillz, so nobody takes the piss! S'all aboot respect :D

Thats my 5 euro's worth, peace!

J

Jester

I still think it helps if it has something to do with your name, because at least then you can identify with the DJ, since my initials are like TGCPD (....parents obviously thought they'd be funny)

....then thats why I was thinking Tom Paris... as its kind of making people identify with me as an azygousity, rather than a "Which one?" moment:)

It may not matter now... but when i'm knocking back the DnB on Radio1 in 2020, then it might have been one of these moments that kinda defined my life ..... *pulls heads from his dream*:D