need a new computer

As a brand Compaq doesn't always rate if you believe all you read, but I bought a shitty little thing years back and it's still kicking fine.

PS: I built a desktop a couple years back and now the laptops (like this one) are just as powerful and even my mum has one still in the box that was an old age crisis buy that equals my pc and I really should see about 'borrowing' that one.

yea was lookin at spec of pcs an laptops an for around same price can get laptop same as pc
dont really have to room for desktop either altho i kinda would prefer one as i can upgrade it easier wen i need

Yeah but if you wait around 4 years and are willing to spend the same money again (100 quid a year) you'll probably get your upgrade in a new lappy. That's my theory anyway, don't hold me to it.

The only reason I wouldn't go for a lappy is for the screen size. I got a second screen for my desktop, and it was the best thing I did. Compared to all that squinting, and opening and closing windows, but it's up to you.

well ill have to save up for a few months anyway so ill have a good think about it
also need to save cash for resaon 5 or 6 dunno if there worth saving for tho as i have reason 4

Whatever you've got at the moment seems to be working pretty well anyway tbh, no hurry :pimp:

my laptop at the moment is seriously slow!lol
most times it cuts out midtune cos too many tracks runnin
also saw new thing on reason 6 which i want called the pulveriser some kind of distortion thing.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
U can get a pretty decent intel i5 desktop pc on ebay for around £350 that will blow that laptop out the water and give u the option of upgrading.

PCs over laptops for producing any day. I got 2 20 inch monitors connected as well which solves a lot of problems as well

If your forking out I'd go for a desktop mate, spesh for producing. also i'd say build it your self, cheaper and for the same price it'll be better. it's quite simple to do as well. www.scan.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom